PC Downloads speeds are way to low

MrZaedinSir

Commendable
Oct 3, 2016
So I've got 200Mbps internet speeds from TWC. Every other computer in the house that is hardwired is getting that 200 down/roughly 20 up, but my computer never gets more than about 45 down/roughly 20 up.

I originally thought it was my motherboard going bad because no matter how I tried to connect to our network I couldn't get anything more than those speeds. Seeing as I am getting the correct upload speeds though, I'm starting to think something is restricting my download speeds, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

I've looked at other posts but nothing seems to work for me and I don't know enough about windows services to look and see if something may be the culprit.

PC Specs:
Windows 10
AMD Fx 8350
nVidia gtx 1070
16GB ddr3

I've been looking for help everywhere and I'm getting really frustrated with it at this point.

gbb0330

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
i assume your computer is hardwired as well.
go to network and sharing center -> change adapter settings -> find your local area connection and double click. look for speed, let us know what you see. if possible take a screenshot of the local area connection status screen and post it here