PC Drops FPS on all games randomly on low ꜜꜜꜜPC Specs Belowꜜꜜꜜ

May 4, 2018
Any ideas My pre-built PC specs are below:

Processor (CPU) AMD FX-8350 Eight Core CPU (4.00-4.20GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3+)
Motherboard Gigabyte 970A-DS3P AM3+ (ATX, DDR3, USB 3.0, 6Gb/s)
Graphics Card 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 960
Power Supply CORSAIR 550W VS SERIES™ VS-550 POWER SUPPLY

Example of shet FPS is 205 fps on Overwatch on low in training however it would then drops to 35 FPS for a good amount of time.This is even with the resolution on 75 percent.

Another is CSGO on low running on 120 fps for idle 70 when walking and in random fights 35-25

Overall when ever your frames should drop to a normal amount in a game, like a close up fight, i would drop to something extremely choppy.

Feel Free to write if you believe you can help.

Solution
Yea. It does the frame drop things because the cpu starts to get pretty hot. So all at once it'll downclock and then the game doesn't like it. You probably just need new thermal compound or a new cooler.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

that cpu starts to throttle at ~60 degrees

so yea, either the cpu cooler is too weak or it is installed improperly or the fans failed

Bluesh1ft

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Yea. It does the frame drop things because the cpu starts to get pretty hot. So all at once it'll downclock and then the game doesn't like it. You probably just need new thermal compound or a new cooler.

Solution
May 4, 2018
This is my current CPU cooler is this sufficient?
Corsair H55 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Is this too weak? or is it maybe the fact that i haven't put a thermal compound on in once.
I think i know the answer.

May 4, 2018
"Any ideas My pre-built PC specs are below:"

It was pre built, but i have never personally done it, therefore it been 2-3 years, and now reading more many people say to reapply the thermal paste every two years.