Question PC electricity problems

Apr 10, 2019
Hello, i have been having a problem with my PC for a while now where my whole pc keeps shocking me and my USB ports getting way too much electricity, because of this most USB cables that i have got burned and now my mouse is acting up where it scrolls up and down on its own, even tho when i try my mouse on other pcs in the house its perfectly fine , i dont know how to disconnect my usb from the motherboard and i found one usb port broken from the inside but can that cause my whole system to act like this? i have been getting a ton of BSOD on this pc at random moments, even my keyboard with the metal frame is shocking me when i put my hand on it, can someone please help me with this issue?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
The front panel USB will be attached to the motherboard via a 10-pin (9-wires) cable. USB 3.0 is many more pins and is usually pretty obvious. These can simply be unplugged.

Yes, a damaged port could be shorting to ground and causing it to be floating. Continued use is not advised. Get the faulty component replaced at repair center.

If you insist on doing it yourself, try to unbend the connector (While it is off and unplugged) so that no pins are contacting each other or the chassis.

Apr 10, 2019
ok i found a cable that had a blue end where it connects to the pins and on the motherboard it said USB3, i disconnected this one but my front panel USB still works, i even tried disconnecting another smaller cable it had i think 6wires that said USB 2 and still my front USB ports are working.

Apr 10, 2019
ok so, since my front panel has 6 ports and 2 of them are USB3 , there were 2 wires connected to the motherboard so i disconnected them, now i hope the problem is resolved but if i want to replace the USB ports can i buy a new one or do i have to change my case?

TRENDING THREADS