Question PC Ethernet Abruptly Stopped (Driver/Hardware Issue?)

zorony

Commendable
Aug 20, 2018
I have my PC hooked up to an ethernet cable and it has been working fine for several years with this same cable. This morning my internet was working on the PC, but when I went to use it this afternoon, it was no longer working.
My first thought was that it was either the cable/router. I restarted the router, nothing. I plugged the ethernet cable into another computer and the computer got internet.
On the PC that is having trouble, I did a windows network diagnostic and it says "The Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V adapter is experiencing diver-or hardware related problems."
I tried uninstalling the driver from device manager, restarted my computer, nothing.
I installed updated Intel drivers onto USB and downloaded it to the computer, and this also did not work. (This is the specific drive I downloaded: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?wapkw=Intel(R) Ethernet connection (2) I218-V )

Did I install the wrong driver, is this a hardware issue and I'm SOL... any suggestions of things I've missed would be really appreciated. Thanks!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS