Question PC Ethernet Problem disconnecting and MB CAP, i've tried everything. How to fix?

Apr 20, 2020
Hey guys. So recently I got a freind to build me a fresh PC (I like to play games, but im not tech savvy at all).

When the PC was built (can show specs if needed). I downloaded Windows 10 64 Bit, and all drivers for my MSI motherboard.

Since then, my computer, sporadically, loses connection to my ethernet cable, as if it wasn't connected for 5-6 seconds. Once it reconects, my internet download speed is capped at 10 mbps (my current plan is a 70/10 with BT) - all other devices over wifi and PS4 (ethernet are all at 65-70 download), the 10mbps fluctuates, some days or hours its at 100 and some it changes to 10. Even without any activity on the PC.

I have tried all that I can. Googled many forums, some from this website and tried every suggestion they have shown, to no success.

Hardware:
Replaced the Ethernet cable (used the one from my PS4 which works fine) and used my current PC one on my PS4 and thats also fine.

Called BT, reset my router, changed ethernet ports within the router. I have even REPLACED my router at this point. Still persisting.

Software:

Done a full Network Reset
Updated Windows 10
Uninstalled and Reinstalled latest Chipset LAN drivers for my MSI motherboard from the website.

Disabled Advanced EEE and Energy Saving LAN settings.
Disabled Large Send Offload v2 (IPv4 and IPv6)
Changed Speed and Duplex from Auto Negotiation to all the options there (except for the 10mbs ones as thats NOT what i want)

On my MSI motherboard, the 2 lights, one is flashing orange and the other is green to which im given to understand is normal, so im not sure its a Motherboard Problem. (When im at 10mbs there is no longer a stable green light)

Like I said im not tech savvy, especially in software, so anything you need to require from me please give me time to obtain it for you.

Anything to solve this would be great!

Thank you!

Apr 20, 2020
Do not change speed and duplex, it must be left on auto, you will only cause more issues. There is every chance the port could be damaged on the motherboard, visually inspect the contacts if not you may have to exchange.

Its now sitting on Auto Negotiation, the problem still persists. I have even opened up my PC and looked for any damage but don't see anything. I was dreading it being a hardware problem because that means I either have to replace the whole motherboard or just use a USB network adapter no?

Its now sitting on Auto Negotiation, the problem still persists. I have even opened up my PC and looked for any damage but don't see anything. I was dreading it being a hardware problem because that means I either have to replace the whole motherboard or just use a USB network adapter no?
Have you tried booting a live Linux Distro to see if the problem persists, you could then rule out hardware.

Apr 20, 2020
Update: Still have this issue. I even bought a Network- USB Adapter to Bipass the Ethernet port on the motherboard and if anything it made it worse.

Someone told me, even though nothing else in my house disconnects, it could still be a router issue. I have ordered an ASUS router as I was due to replace the standard BT Hub I was given. It arrives tomorrow. But I still don't feel convinced.

Does anyone have any other software solutions this could be?

Thanks