[SOLVED] PC experts, what's the difference between these CPUs?????

Nx2

May 24, 2020
I have gathered my first pc ... only to discover that my B450 came with the first bios version and now I need to install another AMD CPU to update my bios. However, after looking at the motherboard's supported CPUs and at which bios version each CPU is supported (I have version 0312)... I figured I would rent an Athlon 200GE but there are three types that are supported after totally different BIOS updates, anyone knows the difference and how to figure what to buy or rent ???? cause the other two are not supported by my current BIOS version :(

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/TUF-B450M-PRO-GAMING/HelpDesk_CPU/

CPU...............................................................................................Validated since PCB...........................................Validated since BIOS
Athlon 200GE (3.2GHz,35W,L3:4M,2C).....................................ALL............................................................................0312
Athlon 200GE (3.2GHz,35W,L3:4M,2C,B0)..............................ALL............................................................................0806
Athlon 200GE(Raven-2) (3.2GHz,35W,L3:4M,2C)................ ALL............................................................................0806

now since I have the update # 0312 which is labeled in my motherboard I need the first Athlon but what on earth is the difference between these three and how to tell the difference when I wanna buy one?

Plz &Thank U

Nx2

May 24, 2020
Probably cheaper, less hassle, easier and faster to contact a local computer store, even places like microcenter or bestbuy and just pay for the bios update.
I would do that but the town I'm in has none of that believe it or not! all the computer stores have intel CPUs only!!

Nx2

May 24, 2020
Ryzen 1200?
Yeah I was thinking about it just now ... but's it's a bit more expensive ... I hope I can sell it fast after cuz I think I'll give AMD couple more days and if they don't respond, I'll get Ryzen3 1200 ... good thing that there is only one variation of it so I can't get it wrong, can I? 😅

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah I was thinking about it just now ... but's it's a bit more expensive ... I hope I can sell it fast after cuz I think I'll give AMD couple more days and if they don't respond, I'll get Ryzen3 1200 ... good thing that there is only one variation of it so I can't get it wrong, can I? 😅
Hate to bust your bubble, but there is. No worries! They're much easier to tell apart.
Ryzen 1200 OEM/Tray: no cooler is included, nor does it have BOX in the part name.
Ryzen 1200: part name YD1200BBAEBOX
Ryzen 1200AF: YD1200BBA[F]BOX: it's 12 nm instead of 14nm like the original. There's also the letter difference that I highlighted in the bracket.

Nx2

May 24, 2020
Hate to bust your bubble, but there is. No worries! They're much easier to tell apart.
Ryzen 1200 OEM/Tray: no cooler is included, nor does it have BOX in the part name.
Ryzen 1200: part name YD1200BBAEBOX
Ryzen 1200AF: YD1200BBA[F]BOX: it's 12 nm instead of 14nm like the original. There's also the letter difference that I highlighted in the bracket.
Shoot, which one should I get !! Can u plz write tge exact one that I need with the part thing as well ? Do I need the one with no cooler ? And if so should I run it without one just to update the freaking bios ?

Nx2

May 24, 2020
Shoot, which one should I get !! Can u plz write tge exact one that I need with the part thing as well ? Do I need the one with no cooler ? And if so should I run it without one just to update the freaking bios ?
Wait ... it says on the website (rev:B1) what on earth is that 😑 I hate ASUS already!

Nx2

May 24, 2020
To be honest, it seems like it would be a far better option to just send the motherboard back and get a B550 in a few weeks if it's within your budget. I'm ssuming you bought a Ryzen 3000 CPU, which is why you needed a bios update.
I do have Ryzen 3000 and I get return it now it I had it for more than two weeks now .otherwise I would've got x470

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Oh, of course! I meant the 1200 BOX part.

Wait ... it says on the website (rev:B1) what on earth is that 😑 I hate ASUS already!
There was a B0. That's all it means.