I just assembled my new build today.

Motherboard : ASUS Prime Z790-A WiFi
CPU : Intel i5-13600K
RAM : TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB DDR5 32GB (2x16) 5600mhz
GPU : ASUS NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti TUF Gaming Overclocked
PSU : Corsair RMx Series RM1000x Watt
Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB
Cooler : ASUS Rog Strix II 240 ARGB White AIO

I assembled everything this afternoon, fired it up, it POST'd okay and I loaded Windows via USB. I had to load LAN/WiFi drivers from USB during the windows installation to connect to the internet, but things went fine once I did that. After it booted into Windows, I installed Nvidia Drivers, ASUS Armoury Crate, HWMonitor64, and Firefox. Armoury Crate completed installation and needed a restart, and upon Re-start, it kept failing to POST. It would power up, fans kick up to high, I see Red(CPU) QLED light up and go out, Orange(RAM) Light up and stays on varying amounts of times, and it usually restarts at this point. Ocassionally the white QLED (VGA) comes on for a moment after the orange goes out.
If I clear CMOS, it'll complete POST, then ask me to press F1 to enter Setup. First I tried just exiting the setup without changing anything, it restarts, and fails to POST again.
I tried updating the BIOS to latest version available at ASUS site, but this didn't help.
I've tried turning XMP on and off, no difference. I've noticed that after CMOS clear it's listing the RAM Speed at 4000mhz. I went into advanced options and tried 4800mhz, and 5600mhz, same result. Exit BIOS, restarts, and fails to POST.
So, the only way I can get it to POST is to clear CMOS, but even when I do that, if I change nothing and exit BIOS, it's just restarts and fails to POST again.

Any suggestions are welcome, and I'll answer any questions or provide more info if needed.
Thanks in advance

Jan 14, 2023
If you can try to clear everything off your SSDs, For example try to delete every file from it and see if anything works. You might have to reinstall windows.

Jan 14, 2023
I just assembled my new build today.

Motherboard : ASUS Prime Z790-A WiFi
CPU : Intel i5-13600K
RAM : TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB DDR5 32GB (2x16) 5600mhz
GPU : ASUS NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti TUF Gaming Overclocked
PSU : Corsair RMx Series RM1000x Watt
Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB
Cooler : ASUS Rog Strix II 240 ARGB White AIO

I assembled everything this afternoon, fired it up, it POST'd okay and I loaded Windows via USB. I had to load LAN/WiFi drivers from USB during the windows installation to connect to the internet, but things went fine once I did that. After it booted into Windows, I installed Nvidia Drivers, ASUS Armoury Crate, HWMonitor64, and Firefox. Armoury Crate completed installation and needed a restart, and upon Re-start, it kept failing to POST. It would power up, fans kick up to high, I see Red(CPU) QLED light up and go out, Orange(RAM) Light up and stays on varying amounts of times, and it usually restarts at this point. Ocassionally the white QLED (VGA) comes on for a moment after the orange goes out.
If I clear CMOS, it'll complete POST, then ask me to press F1 to enter Setup. First I tried just exiting the setup without changing anything, it restarts, and fails to POST again.
I tried updating the BIOS to latest version available at ASUS site, but this didn't help.
I've tried turning XMP on and off, no difference. I've noticed that after CMOS clear it's listing the RAM Speed at 4000mhz. I went into advanced options and tried 4800mhz, and 5600mhz, same result. Exit BIOS, restarts, and fails to POST.
So, the only way I can get it to POST is to clear CMOS, but even when I do that, if I change nothing and exit BIOS, it's just restarts and fails to POST again.

Any suggestions are welcome, and I'll answer any questions or provide more info if needed.
Thanks in advance
If that doesn't work then I assume you fried your RAM, CPU, and VGA.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts