PC Fails to Boot After 10+ Hours of Inactivity

Toxic Ted

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017
Every night, I shutdown my PC and turn off the PSU so I can sleep without the bright LEDs lighting up my room. Every morning, I get up and turn on the PSU and then the PC. On the first boot. I'll see the motherboard (Asus Maximus IX Hero) light up as if it was about to start up. The fans turn on, and I hear various noises coming from my disk drive, but it never finishes booting up, as the monitor fails to detect any input from the video card, and the motherboard gets stuck on a Q-code (I'm not sure, but I think it's 00). At this point I try to reboot the PC, but it only responds to a hard shutdown, which i've heard is not a very healthy thing for a computer. Once it's all been powered down, it boots into safe mode just fine. I just have to OK the bios and I can continue on for the rest of the day. I've tried to investigate this issue, but from what I can tell this is not a very common problem.

I've also noticed that the keyboard and mouse light up, but are unresponsive until unplugged and re plugged, which forces me to deal with them so I can get through bios on the second boot.

The CPU cooler also flashes red for just a brief second, then goes to solid white as its booting. Not sure if all the information I'm providing is relevant to the issue, but I just want to be thorough.

This is my first ever PC build, and my first time in a long while using windows, so i'm relatively inexperienced with some things.

Please let me know if there is any other information I could give that might help a solution as I would be more than happy to provide it.

Edit: Just checked again today and i've discovered the the motherboard isnt changing Q-codes at all, it's on 00 when it starts and remains at 00 untill it is hard powered off.

My system specs are:
Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX Hero ATX LGA1151
CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8Ghz Quad-Core
Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid Cooler
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 sticks of 4Gb) DDR4-2800 Memory
GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 1080 8Gb STRIX 11Gbps
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular

If hardware won't initialize, the bios, which is the "initializer", either doesn't recognize it or the hardware itself is not connected properly or gets too less power.

You mentioned that the q-code didn't change, so the cause was most likely the motherboard -> bios