[SOLVED] PC fails to boot/shows distorted POST screen after BIOS Update

Mar 20, 2022
Ever since I got my PC everytime I update the bios it shows some an extremely distorted POST screen. The only thing I can even make out from the screen is a squished American Megatrends logo. The motherboard is an ASUS B550-F. Already tried clearing cmos and pressing the keys to get into bios. Any help would be appreciated.

Mar 20, 2022
The version I updated to was 2604. This has been happening with every bios update I've done. Even when I boot it up when I first built it, it did this. Though I don't remember how I got it to work the previous times.

You can try troubleshooting steps, try unplugging from outlet and let it sit for a couple of minutes then plug in and try startup. You can try using one memory stick at a time and try unplugging all external usb plugs before startup to see if it will post.

When at the stuck screen you have tried f1-f2? Try this, start pc, when screen appears, press power/start button to shut down pc, then press to restart, then when screen appears again turn off then turn back on all in quick succession and wait. What happens?

Mar 20, 2022
F1 made the screen more distorted (assuming it's attempting to show bios menu or something like that), and the second method didn't work. Appreciate you trying to help out btw.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS