[SOLVED] PC fan leds stopped working

Aug 31, 2021
So I had Ben working on my PC and left to grab some supplies, when I got back I smelled burnt rubber coming from the PC fans, I quickly turned it off and after reaserch turned it back on and the lights in my fans stopped working, after playing around with the fan chords I got some of the Leds to come in but they were different colors, blinking, and some Leds weren't on, I feel like I've tried everything, what do I do to make it work?

Solution
The power supply is directly plugged into the RGB fans are you sure it's not the problem
you can try a different PSU cable to see if it's a possibility that this one connection was damaged somehow.
but if the PSU itself was damaged and couldn't properly power a single fan then you would see issues with all of the connected components.

and why would you spend the money for a new power supply just to get a single fan working again anyway?
you could purchase a set of new high quality PWM aRGB fans for less money.
I smelled burnt rubber coming from the PC fans...
what do I do to make it work?
contact the retailer purchased from for a return and replacement or refund.
if outside of return date contact manufacturer for warranty RMA.
if warranty has expired, probably nothing can be done.

you can try a different LED header but make sure it is connected to the correct type;
3 pin aRGB or 4 pin RGB.
if "Ben" connected it to the wrong type the device and possibly the header will be damaged now.

Ralston18

Titan
Start by updating your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Then: who is "Ben"?

What did Ben do or try to do while you went to get supplies?

What specifically is "tried everything"?

Aug 31, 2021
contact the retailer purchased from for a return and replacement or refund.
if outside of return date contact manufacturer for warranty RMA.
if warranty has expired, probably nothing can be done.

you can try a different LED header but make sure it is connected to the correct type;
3 pin aRGB or 4 pin RGB.
if "Ben" connected it to the wrong type the device and possibly the header will be damaged now.
thank you so much, I know it won't harm the PC but do u think I could just buy another set of RGB fans or a new PC case?

imma buy a power supply, see if that's the problem
replacing the power supply will have nothing to do with this fan functioning correctly again.
if not I'll send it back and get a new case.
RGB fans do not only come pre-installed with cases.
if you are only looking to get replacement fans you can easily just purchase those separately.

Aug 31, 2021
replacing the power supply will have nothing to do with this fan functioning correctly again.

RGB fans do not only come pre-installed with cases.
if you are only looking to get replacement fans you can easily just purchase those separately.
The power supply is directly plugged into the RGB fans are you sure it's not the problem, it seems to be what makes the lights malfunction and flicker.

The power supply is directly plugged into the RGB fans are you sure it's not the problem
you can try a different PSU cable to see if it's a possibility that this one connection was damaged somehow.
but if the PSU itself was damaged and couldn't properly power a single fan then you would see issues with all of the connected components.

and why would you spend the money for a new power supply just to get a single fan working again anyway?
you could purchase a set of new high quality PWM aRGB fans for less money.

Solution