[SOLVED] PC - Fan speed for half a second - then back to idle (With Video)

paruschuh

Prominent
Oct 30, 2020
Hey Guys.... In desperate need for your advise again.

My 2 year old watercooled custom build wont boot any more since i came home from holidays ( i was away for a month)... It worked fine before i left. now this:

Problem: As usual the pc is in idle and the motherboard has power (display is on). If I press the power button, the fans (and pump) starts to spinn shortly and everything goes back to idle.

Here is a Video:

http://kunden.art-media.at/index.php/s/YlpFWJlLWV8vBwg

What i tried:

• Removing Ram
  • Checking Main Power cables (MB)
  • Checking Power Cable PSU
  • Removed Cmos Battery - and changed it to a new one
  • Clear Cmos
  • Bios Reset button

Sooo... As you can see in the video... Im really not looking forward to remove the pump.... :)
Is there anybody out there with a guess ?

Im hoping for PSU... Could live with CPU and would defently Cry if it is the MB

Oh... Every Component is less then 2 years old..
Here is the setup :

Case: Bequite Dark Base Pro Rev2
PSU: Dark Power Pro (850 i think)
MB: Asus maximus xii Extreme
CPU: Core I9 11900K
Ram: Corsair Dominator DDR4 - 3600

If anybody can help.. Please !!!!!

Solution
I think the code is not really a "code" as it is not getting anywhere near boot. I would suspect the PSU first as it seems to shut itself down as the power requirements ramp. I have had beQuiet PSU's in systems and never had an issue but you never know, there may have been a power surge when you were away and tripped it..? Try getting a PSU to test, after that it would be Mobo as prime suspect, unlikely a CPU would just die sitting doing nothing. The good news is that the protections on the beQuiet are pretty good so even if the power supply has been fried it is unlikely to have damaged other components.
I think the code is not really a "code" as it is not getting anywhere near boot. I would suspect the PSU first as it seems to shut itself down as the power requirements ramp. I have had beQuiet PSU's in systems and never had an issue but you never know, there may have been a power surge when you were away and tripped it..? Try getting a PSU to test, after that it would be Mobo as prime suspect, unlikely a CPU would just die sitting doing nothing. The good news is that the protections on the beQuiet are pretty good so even if the power supply has been fried it is unlikely to have damaged other components.

Solution
Hey Guys.... In desperate need for your advise again.

My 2 year old watercooled custom build wont boot any more since i came home from holidays ( i was away for a month)... It worked fine before i left. now this:

Problem: As usual the pc is in idle and the motherboard has power (display is on). If I press the power button, the fans (and pump) starts to spinn shortly and everything goes back to idle.

Here is a Video:

http://kunden.art-media.at/index.php/s/YlpFWJlLWV8vBwg

What i tried:

• Removing Ram
  • Checking Main Power cables (MB)
  • Checking Power Cable PSU
  • Removed Cmos Battery - and changed it to a new one
  • Clear Cmos
  • Bios Reset button
Sooo... As you can see in the video... Im really not looking forward to remove the pump.... :)
Is there anybody out there with a guess ?

Im hoping for PSU... Could live with CPU and would defently Cry if it is the MB

Oh... Every Component is less then 2 years old..
Here is the setup :

Case: Bequite Dark Base Pro Rev2
PSU: Dark Power Pro (850 i think)
MB: Asus maximus xii Extreme
CPU: Core I9 11900K
Ram: Corsair Dominator DDR4 - 3600

If anybody can help.. Please !!!!!

Any chance you went away for that month and left the PC On ?