[SOLVED] PC fan spins but no display andd powed to keyboard and mouse.

Sep 27, 2021
I have an old PC with an ECS motherboard that i have been using for long. But last week however a few minutes after my pc started and i had logged into windows, the screen started flickering and got pixelated and the screen became completely pixelated within 10sec ig. So i pressed the restart button. But however this time, the monitor did not detect the display and went into standby. I could hear the CPU fan running, the cd rom and the hard drive spinning too. But the motherboard indication light on the case was not on( a green light that stays solid as long as the pc was on). There was no power to the mouse and keyboard. So after some some videos on youtube, i thought it was the ram causing the issue. So i ordered a replacement for the RAM . But still the problem persists. I noted that when pressing the power on button, the led on the bottom of the mouse would just blink for a fraction of a secong and turn off. I tried all what i could do, resetting BIOS, powering on without peripherals, cleaning stuff and connections and so on.
Please help me if possible because its my office pc and i need it urgently.

Solution
the screen started flickering and got pixelated and the screen became completely pixelated within 10sec ig. So i pressed the restart button. But however this time, the monitor did not detect the display and went into standby.
Do you use dedicated GPU? If you do, your description sounds like your GPU died on you. Hence the artifacts on the screen (GPU failing) and no display on restart (GPU died).

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
the screen started flickering and got pixelated and the screen became completely pixelated within 10sec ig. So i pressed the restart button. But however this time, the monitor did not detect the display and went into standby.
Do you use dedicated GPU? If you do, your description sounds like your GPU died on you. Hence the artifacts on the screen (GPU failing) and no display on restart (GPU died).

Solution