Question PC fans are spinning but PC isn't beeping or giving any video output ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh44361431577

Prominent
Jun 23, 2023
Hi, recently i got out my old pc and turned it on. but it isn't beeping it's only spinning fans up and nothing else. i replaced CPU but that didn't worked out. any ideas how to fix that ???

i tried almost everything changing bios battery or resetting jumper nothing worked out

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

How long was the old pc in storage? Where stored: attic, basement, hot/cold, damp/dry?

Use a bright flashlight to inspect inside the case (computer powered off and unplugged). Look for signs of damage: corrosion, rodent chews, browned or blackened areas, wet areas, melted insulation, bare conductor showing.

Try booting into safe mode.

Failing that, strip the system down to just the basic components: iGPU (if supported), one boot disk drive, simple internal speaker (to hear beep codes - if any).

josh44361431577

Prominent
Jun 23, 2023
question, on my PSU 12V is 11.97 is it good voltage ? (it's 11-pin on atx mobo plug) i checked it with multimeter and paperclip method. it's voltage is slightly decreased my question is. Is it enough to startup system ???

josh44361431577

Prominent
Jun 23, 2023
My pc has been in storage for 5 years.

I tried

Removing one stick of ram

Checking psu shows only that 24pin atx has a 11.98 V instead of 12V

I bought New cpu So its good

Idk what to do next. I pluged in 4pin to mobo.

Specs:

Cpu AMD fx 4100
Psu elementum e2 550w
Ram two 4gb sticks of adata
Main board MSI MS-7641 V3.0
Integrated graphics card

Lutfij

Titan
Psu elementum e2 550w
Might want to source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built 450W PSU from a friend or neighbor and see if the system shows signs of life.

Might want to inspect the entire motherboard for any bulging or blown capacitors.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Psu elementum e2 550w
That's a crap quality PSU. It being dead wouldn't be that much of a surprise.

So, get your hands on good quality PSU instead, e.g Seasonic Focus or Corsair RMx/RMi and test again.
If no life with even 2nd, known to work good quality PSU, then MoBo caps could be toast. MoBo replacement would be in order then. But new PSU is a must regardless.

josh44361431577

Prominent
Jun 23, 2023
I too wanna get new psu specifically a Cooler Master 750 W.

But i think it's not psu fault cause all voltages are in 5% +/- range so. i think it might be bios or something i remember placing pc in closet because i overclocked it too much. so it might be bios bricked idk. i will order a small bios programmer and see what i can do.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Cooler Master 750 W
Which model exactly? Since most Cooler Master units are low quality PSUs and not worth the money spent on them.

cause all voltages are in 5% +/- range
Measured at which point? When PSU is idle? If so, then this doesn't tell anything about if PSU operates fine or not.

To know if PSU operates fine, you have to measure the voltages under load. And voltage regulation isn't the only one. Ripple is another important aspect of PSU. Do you know how to measure ripple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS