[SOLVED] PC fans momentarily working (possiblly faulty cpu)

idk159

Prominent
Apr 10, 2019
I finished my build then turned it on, the cpu and case fans worked. I turned the system off and tried turning it on again, the cpu and case fans worked for a second then stop working.

Stuff I've tried: only using 1 stick of ram and putting it in different slots, taking out al the wires and plugging them back in, taking the cmos out and putting it back in. Using a different psu that i know works.

My motherboard's debugging light, lights up for the cpu part. I used my cpu in a previous build where i accidently fried the motherboard, so the cpu being the issue makes sense. But im pretty confused how my fans worked normally on the first run and then multiple attempts after the fans only momentarily works. Also I've never heard of the cpu being the culprit for this sort of issue so just want to double check that it is my cpu.

Build:
CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g
Motherboard: b450m pro-vdh max
Ram: corsair 2x4gb and g. skill ripjaws 2x4gb
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500gb
Case: CIT Dark Star case
PSU: Aerocool 400w
It's a budget build so I'm relying on the apu and don't use a graphics card.

idk159

Prominent
Apr 10, 2019
As I suspected, it is an incompatible memory according to both G.Skill QVL and the MSI motherboard memory QVL. G.Skill lists no B450 boards of any brand as compatible.

Contact G.Skill support and ask them to exchange for memory that is compatible, they are usually quite good about this sort of thing.
Is my corsair vengeance LPX 2x4gb 2666MHz also incompatible because i tried it with only the corsair ram sticks in and experienced the same issue.

idk159

Prominent
Apr 10, 2019
If your pc is running and not giving video output and cpu debugging light is on try updating your bios.
I was probably a bit unclear with my problem, but it's a new build and my pc wont actually startup and cannot even reach the video output stage. Also my motherboard is 3000 desktop ready so i don't know if a bios update is required.

idk159

Prominent
Apr 10, 2019
Yup, Corsair Vengeance LPX is also a compatibility issue for most B450 boards with many if not all CPU/APU.

NEVER do a bios update on an unstable machine.
Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question, but shouldn't my motherboard's debugging light also turn on for my ram qvl issue or is that not the case.