[SOLVED] PC Fans/RGB randomly shut off and won't turn on again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2021
Hey, new here so sorry in advance if somethings unclear, i'm not much of a PC guy, i just play video games. Anyway.

Was playing dota2 with a friend yesterday, when randomly my RGB shut off, didnt think much of it, only when later on I got a BSOD and a warning that my CPU was overheating, turns out my fans also shut off for some reason (CPU fan where the water tubes are connected are off aswell), GPU fan is still spinning and i can turn on the PC still.
Its a pre-built pc, that I bought in 2019, haven't had any major problems untill now.

Specs(if that matters);
MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS (motherboard).
Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz.
16GB Ram.
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070.
CMT510 (Case)

What i have tried so far without any result:
  • Checked if the cables that are connected to the fans are all connected, which they are, also tried to unplug and plug. Also checked the Fan Hub on the backside of the PC.
  • Cleaned the PC for dust with an air compressor.
  • Checked BIOS fan control - set everything to default.
  • Tried using Dragon Center(MSI software)
  • Restore point to Friday 17/12/2021, in case a software would've shut them off.
Everything seems to be working fine, except for the fans and RGB lights.
In Dragon Center it says that my CPU fan has RPM(Spinning i guess), but its not, unless I'm looking at the wrong fan. CPU Fan

Dragon Center (Shows CPU fan RPM although its not spinning)
Fan hub that i've checked (tried unplugging and replugging these cables)
BIOS Fan control, that i tried tinkering with
3 fan cables that are connected to the motherboard (In the second picture the 3 cables are not connected, cause I was showing everything to a friend who tried to help).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS