Pc fans spin but no post

jaylinandrade

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
I just bought parts for a new build. After putting it all together the fans spin but the motherboard doesnt post. I pulled the mb, psu, and ram and out on a piece of cardboard and still get no beeps or anything. Same with adding the gpu. I am using an old psu but tested it and it seems fine. I also cleared the bios and used several sticks of ram. I held the power button for 30 seconds and tried another psu.

I am using a gtx 1060 with a 460w psu and an i7 4770k cpu. My mb is an asus b85m-g r2.0

I have been trying to fix this issue for days and have had no luck.

Solution
So it is at least partially alive, if it beeps without ram. That means, either RAM is no good (unless you know you have tested it with working sticks) or you got yet another faulty motherboard (or a faulty CPU, least likely cause, but happens).
So no beeps and display no matter if you use GPU or integrated graphics? In that case try booting without ram - you should get error beeps. If you do, it's problem with RAM, caused either by faulty sticks or faulty motherboard (or bent pins in CPU socket). If you don't get beeps without RAM, it is most likely faulty motherboard (although it could be faulty CPU too, but that happens rarely).

jaylinandrade

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017

yes i get no display no matter what i use. I booted without ram and do get beeps which go away after reinstalling it. I checked the cpu pins before installing the cpu and it had no bent ones. This is already my second motherboard my first one didnt even allow a boot.

So it is at least partially alive, if it beeps without ram. That means, either RAM is no good (unless you know you have tested it with working sticks) or you got yet another faulty motherboard (or a faulty CPU, least likely cause, but happens).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS