[SOLVED] PC fans spinning , all parts connected but no hdmi signal

OrdJk

Reputable
Jul 26, 2019
I have had this problem for a few months.
At first I tried everything I knew and nothing worked
I purchased a nvme SSD and a new motherboard and there was still no hdmi signal.

Its between the PSU and the monitor I think.

If you have any suggestions/advice be sure to reply to this

Solution
Make sure you've installed your RAM sticks in the right place. I've had this issue and switching sticks fixed this
Oh ok I will try this out , thanks
just check your motherboard user manual to be absolutely sure how it may need to be placed.
most boards want a 2 module set in DIMM slots 2 & 4.

are all cables installed and seated correctly;
8pin CPU power to the motherboard, PCIe 8/6pin(s) to the GPU?

make sure m.2 & SATA ports aren't conflicting causing your OS drive to be disabled.
and make sure you have NVMe m.2 in a proper m.2 slot;
some only support NVMe m.2 drives, some only support SATA m.2 drives. refer to motherboard manual.
Make sure you've installed your RAM sticks in the right place. I've had this issue and switching sticks fixed this
Oh ok I will try this out , thanks
just check your motherboard user manual to be absolutely sure how it may need to be placed.

make sure m.2 & SATA ports aren't conflicting causing your OS drive to be disabled.
some only support NVMe m.2 drives, some only support SATA m.2 drives. refer to motherboard manual.

Reactions: OrdJk
Solution

OrdJk

Reputable
Jul 26, 2019

I have looked at my motherboard manual and my ram sticks were already placed in the correct dim 2 & 4 slots

How do I check if my Os drive is conflicting if nothing shows up on my monitor ?

I put my nvme drive in the correct slot ( M.2_1)

How do I check if my Os drive is conflicting if nothing shows up on my monitor ?
this would be listed in your motherboard manual;
if your are using SATA ports that could possibly disable m.2 slots.
or if you have a NVMe m.2 and are trying to use it in a SATA m.2 slot.

I put my nvme drive in the correct slot ( M.2_1)
if you are sure about the type of m.2 the slot supports than this isn't an issue.

Reactions: OrdJk