[SOLVED] pc fans spinning lights active, dosent turn on

Jul 24, 2019
Watch the language
I was gonna install windows from a usb so i went to bios and i think i pressed instant flash and my pc restarted and went into a black screen mode no cursor, doset show no logos, keep in mind i might of pressed something else but it was with flash

Heres what happens:
I turn on the pc
Fans start spinning
Lights are active
Monitors dont react

please help

[Mod edit - topic - watch language]

Solution
Disconnect all monitors except 1 and then:
Clear CMOS using these steps:
Unplug the PC (PSU).
Then press the Power Button for at least 30 seconds.
Use a flat headed screwdriver to short the CLR CMOS (CLRCMOS1) Jumper (Touch both jumper pins with the screwdriver) for at least 15 seconds.
Plug the PC back in.
Press the Power Button to turn the PC on.
Repeatedly tap the DEL key
A screen may come up telling you to press the F1 key, do that.
Set the Optimized Default settings and Press OK (this is on the EXIT tab)
Save and exit the BIOS.
Tap the DEL key again to enter the BIOS and change any settings you want changed then save and exit again.

Colif

Win 11 Master
instant flash mode is likely where it restarts PC and loads into a tool that is expecting a USB drive in a specific USB slot so it can flash the bios.

Instant Flash
Save UEFI files in your USB storage device and run Instant Flash to update your UEFI.
Page 77 of manual - http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/B450M Pro4.pdf

if its going into that on every startup, you may need to reset the CMOS on the motherboard as that will reset any settings in bios and should break it out of the loop.

Jul 24, 2019
instant flash mode is likely where it restarts PC and loads into a tool that is expecting a USB drive in a specific USB slot so it can flash the bios.

Page 77 of manual - http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/B450M Pro4.pdf

if its going into that on every startup, you may need to reset the CMOS on the motherboard as that will reset any settings in bios and should break it out of the loop.
But it dosent even get to the motherboard screen when booting up, the monitors simply dont react that the pc is turned off

Colif

Win 11 Master
To clear CMOS:
  • unplug the power cord from the wall
  • plan A - use a screwdriver (or a coin, or paperclip, etc.) and short the 2 pins as described in the manual; keep it for 10 sec.
  • plan B - with the power cord still unplugged, remove the button (coin) battery; press the power ON button on the PC; hold the power button for 10 sec; release and put back the battery;
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10996&title=asrock-b450m-pro4-bootloop-help

try that and see if screens work after

See page 26 of manual for instructions

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Disconnect all monitors except 1 and then:
Clear CMOS using these steps:
Unplug the PC (PSU).
Then press the Power Button for at least 30 seconds.
Use a flat headed screwdriver to short the CLR CMOS (CLRCMOS1) Jumper (Touch both jumper pins with the screwdriver) for at least 15 seconds.
Plug the PC back in.
Press the Power Button to turn the PC on.
Repeatedly tap the DEL key
A screen may come up telling you to press the F1 key, do that.
Set the Optimized Default settings and Press OK (this is on the EXIT tab)
Save and exit the BIOS.
Tap the DEL key again to enter the BIOS and change any settings you want changed then save and exit again.

Solution