Pc fans turning on for a second then stop, pc worked fine until i started installing gpu drivers

borko3fkovix

Reputable
Jul 24, 2014
So I've built this pc for a friend and everything was working perfectly until i started installing the GPU drivers. Monitor showed the "gray snow" type of things you could see on old crt TV's when there was no signal.
Then i went on to restart the pc and it would just spin the fans for a second and stop, and so on. On rare occasions it starts getting into the bios but it reboots and starts the endless circle of nothingness again. Once, but only once it went into the automatic repair mode and said it couldn't fix the problem, restarted and again.
Now I've tried removing the gpu and plugging the monitor into the integrated gpu plug, tried reseating the ram, unplugging and plugging back the PSU cables that go into the motherboard, reseating the BIOS battery and nothing changed. It worked the same without the GPU so I don't think she is the problem but i think it's got something to do with either the motherboard or the PSU, I don't trust it cuz it's some crappy cheap no name brand(500W) but still i had a similar one in my pc for years and it ran with more demanding components than what he currently has( RX460 without a 6pin connector, i5 2400 and a single SSD).