Question Pc fell a little bit and the screen froze. Should i be worried?

Oct 22, 2018
So i was elevating my pc off the ground with a piece of wood and the legs slipped back a little and the back of the case hit the wood. My pc all the sudden froze(kb lights shut off and mouse cursor froze but when i restarted all was well and the pc booted normally. Everything seems to work as it should, gpu is being detected and all ports work. Should i be worried that i damaged something?

Oct 22, 2018
Yes, the HDD specifically. Head crash and all that.

As for other parts? Some cable coming a little bit loose then reconnecting. Providing or demanding new voltage when the system did expect it.
I see, the hdd didnt seem to suffer much trauma, the legs are only a couple inches off the ground and the hdd is screwed tightly into a bracket. And im assuming you meant when the system didn't expect it?

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Once I moved the case carefully between rooms a few times. No "falling" just gently picking it up and putting down on table or floor. After one of the moves it wouldn't boot. Had to reseat RAM to get it going again.

Don't know your specs but things are more vulnerable to physical shock are HDDs and 3rd party CPU air coolers (which tend to be heavier heat sinks than stock coolers) and graphics cards.

Won't hurt if you double-check all connections/connectors. When PC is OFF ;)

Oct 22, 2018
Once I moved the case carefully between rooms a few times. No "falling" just gently picking it up and putting down on table or floor. After one of the moves it wouldn't boot. Had to reseat RAM to get it going again.

Don't know your specs but things are more vulnerable to physical shock are HDDs and 3rd party CPU air coolers (which tend to be heavier heat sinks than stock coolers) and graphics cards.

Won't hurt if you double-check all connections/connectors. When PC is OFF ;)
No 3rd party air cooler in this pc. Just the lightweight intel cpu stock cooler. I really would not like to have to check all the connection

TRENDING THREADS