PC Finally Gets Xbox One Controller Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

thdarkshadow

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Ubercake: just refined stuff like comfort and crisper buttons. Also the dpad was changed so its usable and actually pretty good. They changed a whole bunch of small stuff but so much so that its hard to use a 360 after using the One because it feels so "bad"

And it only took them half the year to release...

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
Meh. I'm surprised it took Microsoft this long to figure out a basic driver for Windows unless it's going to integrate itself into Windows 8 somehow. I'm thinking of something like Steam's "Big Screen" where you can browse games and other things with a controller.

I'll stick with my DS3 from the original PS3 launch. It's survived both Demon Souls and Dark Souls as well as my dog.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I enjoy the 360 controller. Lots of people hate on gamepads but for some its the way to go. I grew up on the xbox and xbox 360, its what I know.

That said, I am getting much better with a mouse and keyboard.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
The Xbox 1 demos at the conventions were actually PCs with what I'd guess were XBOX 1 controllers. So they've had some sort of beta drive out by then. Guess it took a while to polish everything.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I grew up on the xbox and xbox 360, its what I know.
LOL. I'm getting old. I grew up on NES/SNES, but have gamed on just about everything over the years. I will be trying this out tonight. Just ordered a wireless Xbox 360 controller, doh!

MrMusAddict

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
What features does the Xbox One controller offer that are not present on a 360 controller?

No added features, but just some optimizations. The D-pad is borderline perfect, the ergonomics are more natural, and the triggers are nicer.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Combine this with Steam games that support controllers, streamed from the rig onto the HTPC and I may never leave the living room against except to answer the door to the pizza dude

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
I just bought one. So it doesnt have wireless support with Windows? That blows.

I've been running steam big picture on my HTPC .. and am always frustrated as hell poppping back into windows 8 -- which looks like it should be controller friendly. But my 360 controller does absolutely nothing in windows.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
I've been wanting to use an Xbox One controller as a Windows gamepad, looks like the time has finally come to get one. I would probably just use it wired anyway, so the initial lack of wireless support isn't a big deal for me. Does anyone know if it's awkwardly light without batteries in it?

alextheblue

Distinguished
No added features, but just some optimizations. The D-pad is borderline perfect, the ergonomics are more natural, and the triggers are nicer.
Well, I'd argue that the first party late-model 6-button Genesis controller and the Saturn controller had the best d-pads. The Saturn controllers in particular were awesome for 2D fighting games. With that being said, the new Xbox One controllers are quite good, and I think they're the best overall console and PC controller on the market (especially for the money).

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
any word on when wireless support will be added? does the xbox one use a different wireless interface than the xbox 360? i never have any connection issues, and i like weight-y controllers

deadlockedworld

Distinguished

Uhhn. Steam's controller doesn't exist on the market yet. Until it does its just a fantasy.

It pisses me off that this doesnt work seamlessly with the metro interface though. I should be able to scroll through windows 8 metro just like I scroll through steam big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS