[SOLVED] PC First Boot Questions

Justin Hunter

Honorable
Oct 16, 2014
So I'm very close to building my first PC (only part left is PSU) and I'm beginning to think about the first boot up. I've heard that if you've done everything correctly your computer should 'post'. Does the post screen look different for everyone depending on the motherboard manufacturer? I have a MSI Motherboard, should I be looking for a MSI logo on monitor on my screen? As well as for the windows setup, will I be able to access the BIOS on first boot up and change the boot up device? I'm very unfamiliar with all of us so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
I have a MSI Motherboard, should I be looking for a MSI logo on monitor on my screen?
When a machine posts you will see the motherboards logo, yes.
As well as for the windows setup, will I be able to access the BIOS on first boot up and change the boot up device?
It will either automatically boot into the USB, or give you "no bootable device found".
Just repeatedly press delete on your keyboard upon bootup to access the bios to change the boot order.
I have a MSI Motherboard, should I be looking for a MSI logo on monitor on my screen?
When a machine posts you will see the motherboards logo, yes.
As well as for the windows setup, will I be able to access the BIOS on first boot up and change the boot up device?
It will either automatically boot into the USB, or give you "no bootable device found".
Just repeatedly press delete on your keyboard upon bootup to access the bios to change the boot order.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS