PC for a friend

Macanno

Reputable
Jan 9, 2016
My friend wants to build a PC. He doesn't know anything about building one so I've picked these parts out for him he's buying a 144hz monitor and his dad is getting him the PC itself. He says that he wants an i7 but all he's doing is mostly gaming and Photoshop. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/w3694C
I'll leave the case up to him. Just wondering if the parts here are the right choice. Thanks.

Solution
Three quick things I noticed and one extra. No OS listed, gotta pick a copy of Windows10. 2. Might want to pickup an additional HDD to go as backup/hold all other programs that don't need the ssd speed. 3. The memory looks good but keep an eye out on the newegg site cause they sometimes have sales on memory. 4. Make sure he keeps a couple bucks of backup money in case he forgets something. IE has to go buy a new cord or whatever.

Geef

Distinguished
Three quick things I noticed and one extra. No OS listed, gotta pick a copy of Windows10. 2. Might want to pickup an additional HDD to go as backup/hold all other programs that don't need the ssd speed. 3. The memory looks good but keep an eye out on the newegg site cause they sometimes have sales on memory. 4. Make sure he keeps a couple bucks of backup money in case he forgets something. IE has to go buy a new cord or whatever.

Solution

Get a coffee lake 8400 or even an 8600(k) with a 300 series board since 4 cores are not enough for gaming anymore and the 8400 costs the same as the i5 you have in there now but is straight up better.