PC for AAA and Upcoming Gaming Titles???

Jul 20, 2018
Hi
I am currently building a low-end, budget gaming pc with following compoments:

•Foxconn G41 chipset board. (Yet to arrive. Dont know exact model. Ordered in the local market.)

•2×2GB - DDR3 Ram @1333Mhz.

•Intel Xeon E5450 Quad Core @3.0Ghz. 80W TDP. (Modded for LGA775 socket).

•Gigabyte Gtx 750Ti 2GB GDDR5.

So my questions are:

1. Will it provide good gaming experience for most AAA and Upcoming titles? (At 1080p)

2. The board has PCIe 1.1 - x16 slot
Will it bottleneck the gpu?

3. The CPU FSB is 1333Mhz and the board supports upto 1333Mhz CPUs. Can i overclock on this board by increasing frequency?(Maybe this board/cpu doesnt support changing clock multiplier. If it does tell me how?. I am noob in multiplier overclocking.)

4. The board manuals lists DRAM frequency of (800/667Mhz). Will it run ram at 1333Mhz or 800Mhz??

5. Is 4gb ram enough for gaming at 1080p?

Solution
For new and upcoming AAA games, it will likely be a poor experience at 1080p. The CPU is comparable to a late Core2Quad, the 750ti is an aging budget GPU, and 4 GB of RAM will really struggle in anything modern; 8 GB has been recommended for even budget gaming rigs for 3-4 years now.

1333 RAM is just 667 doubled; DDR stands for double data rate.

Your exact experience with AAA games will depend on the game. Some will be playable at 1080p at low settings, some at 720p, and some not at all. It's hard to make one answer for so many games, but generally, this will not be a good gaming experience at 1080p in most AAA titles. This was a good budget gaming build in 2014, but too much time has passed for it still to be labeled that way.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
For new and upcoming AAA games, it will likely be a poor experience at 1080p. The CPU is comparable to a late Core2Quad, the 750ti is an aging budget GPU, and 4 GB of RAM will really struggle in anything modern; 8 GB has been recommended for even budget gaming rigs for 3-4 years now.

1333 RAM is just 667 doubled; DDR stands for double data rate.

Your exact experience with AAA games will depend on the game. Some will be playable at 1080p at low settings, some at 720p, and some not at all. It's hard to make one answer for so many games, but generally, this will not be a good gaming experience at 1080p in most AAA titles. This was a good budget gaming build in 2014, but too much time has passed for it still to be labeled that way.

Solution

InvalidError

Titan
Most modern AAA titles require at least 8GB of system RAM and 4GB of GPU memory to run smoothly. If you have less than 4GB of GPU memory, the GPU will need to draw the difference from system memory and that increases the required system memory to 12-16GB in many cases.

That computer as configured will only be suitable for the least demanding modern games.

It will struggle with all the newest AAA games and some won't even be playable even at the lowest settings.

TRENDING THREADS