Pc for IT office

Jan 22, 2019
Hello!
I'm building a new pc for an IT office. We have system engineers, database administrators, web designers. We will all have the same rig. This is what i came up with:
AMD RYZEN 2700x
asrock x470
Crosair vengence 16 GB 3000 Mhz
Samsung 970 Evo NVMe M.2 - 250 GB
Seagate Firecuda Guardian ST1000DX002
XFX RX 550 2GB DDR5

If you have any insights about these components, and the pc overall, please let me know.
I would also be greatfull if you can recommend a case(no RGB :)) and a power supply for this rig.
Thank you.

Solution
Drop the HDD and NVMe SSD. Use something like a 1TB Cricial MX 500 instead. So everyone has a lot of SSD storage. If you have the budget then 1TB NVMe.

The idea is every second lost waiting for a HDD is company time wasted. Although it’s hard to quantify. All SSD storage will pay for itself. All those few second instances per day add up to a lot of hours per year.

I’d only use HDD for seldom used archives, backups and few other business uses. Such as massive files like video. Where IOPS don’t matter.

GPU is probably fine. I don’t know the full specs and capabilities. I’d want one with the capabilities to run triple 4K panels.

Are you running VM’s? Those people may want more RAM.

Get a top of the line PSU.

No one ever complained...
Drop the HDD and NVMe SSD. Use something like a 1TB Cricial MX 500 instead. So everyone has a lot of SSD storage. If you have the budget then 1TB NVMe.

The idea is every second lost waiting for a HDD is company time wasted. Although it’s hard to quantify. All SSD storage will pay for itself. All those few second instances per day add up to a lot of hours per year.

I’d only use HDD for seldom used archives, backups and few other business uses. Such as massive files like video. Where IOPS don’t matter.

GPU is probably fine. I don’t know the full specs and capabilities. I’d want one with the capabilities to run triple 4K panels.

Are you running VM’s? Those people may want more RAM.

Get a top of the line PSU.

No one ever complained that their computer was too fast.

Solution