[SOLVED] PC for Kali Linux

• Thread starter Deleted member 2729451
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2729451

I am looking for a cheap pc that I can get Kali Linux on. I am thinking about going into cybersecurity that my school offers. But I have to have my own pc with Kali Linux on it. I'm very new to this so any help would be nice. Looking for a pretty cheap build as low as possible.

Solution
Sorry for the dumb question. Will I still be able to play my games like normal? That was the problem with why I wanted a new pc for this.
When you want to use the Kali OS, you boot from the USB stick you create.
When you want to play games, you reboot into Windows.
D

Deleted member 2729451

The normal use case for Kali is just have it on a USB stick, and boot into that when desired.
No need for a whole PC for it.

This is one of the things they'll teach you in that cybersecurity class.
Or they should, anyway.

Ok, My first thing to learn is this. They want me to learn how to make a bootable USB.(I Kinda know-how to) I don't have a pc that I can use for this is my problem. I need to get a build.

USAFRet

Titan
Ok, My first thing to learn is this. They want me to learn how to make a bootable USB.(I Kinda know-how to) I don't have a pc that I can use for this is my problem. I need to get a build.
So you need a PC.
You have none?

What is your budget for this?

Then:

D

Deleted member 2729451

So you need a PC.
You have none?

What is your budget for this?

Then:
I have a pc that I use every day. Would this one work? I use it to play games n stuff. Would I still be able to use it for stuff like that as well?
Windows 10
CPU-Ryzen 5 2600
GPU-GTX 1050
RAM-DDR4 16GB
Motherboard-BAZOOKA V2

D

Deleted member 2729451

Then no problem.
Your existing PC will work just fine.

The Kali documentation I linked above should teach you all the basics, and then some.

Sorry for the dumb question. Will I still be able to play my games like normal? That was the problem with why I wanted a new pc for this.

TRENDING THREADS