PC for the future

reddice

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
Hey there guy's and gal's.

I just placed an order for a phantom 820 and a Maximus 6 formula to go with it and i am wondering about the future of the rest of my build, and i know what is enough for what is available atm in terms of game's and applications but what i want to do is to have it be able to handle everything i throw at it for the next 5 year's or so(hard to predict i know), for example i have heard that higher memory frequency is starting to effect game's, also that the CPU will have better relationship with the GPU.

The build i was originally thinking about was:

NZXT Phantom 820 (not changing this)
ROG 6 Formula (not changing this)
Gskil 16gb 2400MHz
i5 4670k
Samsung EVO 250Gb
Asus GTX 770 OC 4Gb.(might go for the 780 OC)

So in that perspective would it be better to invest in a 4770k instead of a 4670k and 2400MHz mem. instead of 1600MHz mem.(price's between the mem is marginal). or is this build decent enough for that purpose.

Solution
I would get an i7 4770k for the hyperthreading. Judging by the only 10-15% speed increase in processors each year, it should last you for a VERY long time.

reddice

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
So yeah the sticks are compatible and some have even had better results than vengeance(to my surprise) but the GTX TI is a little to pricy where i live for my taste so the GTX 780 oc seems a better choice atm at least and also latter on i most likely will get a second for sli

reddice

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
Yeah trust me i know the about pricing over seas and i always shed a tear when i see them. But my problem is that i live on an island in the middle of north atlantic ocean so the custom and shipping, not to mention the economical crisis here kinda crushes all the great deal's that are out there for me :(

''
Yeah trust me i know the about pricing over seas and i always shed a tear when i see them. But my problem is that i live on an island in the middle of north atlantic ocean so the custom and shipping, not to mention the economical crisis here kinda crushes all the great deal's that are out there for me :( ''

sad to hear that... i hope you good luck!