Question PC force switched off with force and is acting funny

pcnoob68

Commendable
Jul 6, 2019
I was on my PC and rather stupidly I lightly kicked the side and it switched off. I'm used to this as I have a bit of a dodgy power cable it works well just slight nudges can shut off the power. Not suspecting anything, I turned it on however shortly noticed my keyboard wasn't lighting (it normally does upon my PC turning on) and my monitor and mouse (wireless) both couldn't detect the PC giving a signal. The PC started just endlessly making a start sound no matter how many times i restart it, (distinctive sound where you can hear the fans go loud etc) and I cannot see anything since it is not giving any signal to anything plugged in.

Any help would be greatly accepted.

Lutfij

Titan
I'm used to this as I have a bit of a dodgy power cable it works well just slight nudges can shut off the power.
That's not a good thing to have, in fact sudden power losses can cause irreplaceable damage to your PC's innards.

You might want to list your specs for your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

if the SU has some mileage to it, include it's age(apart from the make and model of the unit, not just it's wattage).

First off, source an IEC connector/plug/cable for your platform, one where it's snug and not loose. Then disconnect from the wall, peripherals and display, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds(and/or remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard) then reconnect and see if you get display.

pcnoob68

Commendable
Jul 6, 2019
I'm used to this as I have a bit of a dodgy power cable it works well just slight nudges can shut off the power.
That's not a good thing to have, in fact sudden power losses can cause irreplaceable damage to your PC's innards.

You might want to list your specs for your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

if the SU has some mileage to it, include it's age(apart from the make and model of the unit, not just it's wattage).

First off, source an IEC connector/plug/cable for your platform, one where it's snug and not loose. Then disconnect from the wall, peripherals and display, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds(and/or remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard) then reconnect and see if you get display.

I built the system a year and a half ago and the specs are as follows:
CPU: ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: B450 GAMING PRO MAX (might be slightly wrong it's a b450 MSI mb for sure though)
RAM: Corsair Vengeancd RGB Pro 2x8gb 3600mhz
SSD: forgot the brand but a pretty standard 240gb one with my OS on it but not much else
HDD: 2tb Seagate Barracuda
GPU: Palit 1660 Super 6GB
PSU: Corsair 550 VS
Chassis: Corsair 275R 80+

I will try the 30 sexond power off and update.