Question PC freeze and restarts after login out from video games

Juan Riend

Distinguished
May 11, 2013
The issue started a few weeks ago while playing Heroes of the Storm, they introduced a new weather effect and caused my PC to run very slow but that got fixed as soon as I updated my graphics card and a day or 2 later I ran into this problem that my PC will freeze and restart after I log out from the game. I can spend hours inside the game and it works fine and this only happens with 2 different games but not with all of the games and I am not sure what could the problem be.
What I have done so far is to keep the graphics card and BIOS updated, I have proved the functionality of the graphics card, memory sticks and PSU, I checked for the GPU and CPU temperatures at all times and its fine too. At this point all I can think of trying is to format Windows but I would like to take some advice for extra tips before I take this step. Something I have noticed lately is that when I start the PC and go into task manager I see my Disk usage running at 100% for about 10 - 20 seconds but I don't see any unusual app running, and according to a quick google search this is normal with Windows 10 but I don't think I had this before, so not sure if this is related to my issue or not.

System specs:
Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming Motherboard
Intel core i7-9700 3GHz Processor
Adata XPG Spectrix D41 8GB 3000MHz DDR4 Memory
Cooler Master RS-600-PCAR 600w Power Supply
Asus ROG Strix GTX 1660Ti 6GB Graphics card
Seagate ST3000DM001 3TB Hard Drive

ASK THE COMMUNITY