[SOLVED] PC freeze/apps not responding after closing a game

Jun 9, 2022
Whenever I close a game like Subnautica or Halo Infinite or really anything that gets my pc running hot, all of my windows apps like discord and chrome will freeze and give me "not responding" for about 5 to 10 seconds. No weird sounds, but obviously voices on discord and videos cut off because the app is frozen. I can still move my mouse around, but it's a pain to always have to rewind a YouTube video or tell people I was talking to to repeat themselves. I never had this issue with my older less powerful PC. Game is on my secondary SSD. And my PC is under load, but definitely not too hot, GPU is never hotter than 66c and CPU is rarely above 45c

My specs:
-Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor
-Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
-Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
-Western Digital Black SN750 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
-Samsung 870 QVO 4 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
-Seagate Barracuda Compute 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING LE iCX3 Video Card
-Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Solution
A number of other people have been saying that Discord and Steam have been causing issues.
Hey! I figured out what the issue was. Flipping off Debug Logging in discord seems to have stopped stuff from freezing once games close. I think it had something to do with certain games anti cheat.
Jun 9, 2022
How are you cooling that processor? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? I see a tag for Windows 10, if you're on that OS, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on?
I have a corsair AIO one of the 3 fan ones: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
My CPU stays pretty cool. It happens pretty intermittently. It may be related to have discord open in a call when closing a game, but I'm not sure. I'm playing a few rounds of Halo before closing it throughout the day to test what causes it. I'm on Windows 10 yeah. All Windows updates are current, most current BIOS, Chipset, and ME.

Jun 9, 2022
Looking into the support page, have you tried installing the drivers listed under Firmware? On that note, did you update the MEI before you moved to BIOS version 1404?
If you mean the stuff where I select my operating system for stuff like, Bluetooth, Audio, Lan, Wireless yeah. If you mean the thing labeled "Firmware" under Bios I'm not sure what that is, it looks just like an exe.

Jun 9, 2022
Yes, that was for the first part. The second part was me looking at the Intel ME lineup, with the latest ME firmware update, which is a few days before the BIOS update for version 1404.
I can always try to reinstall all of that tomorrow if it could help. On second look Chrome ends up being fine, it just looks like discord and steam freeze after a game. Super weird.