[SOLVED] PC Freeze/lock up with random color (mostly black, white or pink)

Mar 18, 2018
Hello everyone! I require your help, this is my pc build:

CPU - i7 6700k with Cooler Noctua NH-D14
Motherboard - H11m-K
Memory - HyperX Savage Black 8GB, DDR4, 2133MHz, CL13, 1.2V
GPU - GIGABYTE GeForce® GTX 980 Ti G1 GAMING, 6GB GDDR5, 384-bit
SSD - Samsung 850 EVO, 2.5", 250GB, SATA III
PCU - Corsair RM650 80 PLUS® Gold CP-9020054-EU, 650W
and another Old HDD of 1 TB

Some little backround story.. I used to have a different motherboard(ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, Socket LGA115) but I did the most stupid thing: I've shipped my pc to another country by car without removing the parts from it so I messed up the motherboard, I bought a much cheaper and smaller one (H11m-K)
Everything worked for 1 year or so.
Lately my computer started freezing/locking up when playing computer games with Quality settings on very high, it would only happen every 2 or 3 days and slowly it got to be more often until I realised that if I put the game ( Dota2,Escape from Tarkov ) on low quality, then the pc won't freeze.
However for 2 days it Started to crash even on desktop and at the moment it crashes less then 5 minutes of me starting up the PC.
Things I have tried:

-I have reinstalled Windows 10
-Removed GPU drivers with DDU and reinstalled older and newer version of it ( didnt help with the problem it still freezes)
-Changed DDR4 from 1 slot to the other ( didnt help with the problem it still freezes)
-Reseated all components and removed dust ( didnt help with the problem it still freezes)
-Removed all USB like mouse/keyboard and Razer App ( didnt help with the problem it still freezes)
-Removed HDD ( didnt help with the problem it still freezes)
-used CPU-Z and AIDA and all temperatures are withit normal limits

I have removed the 980ti GPU and used my old AMD Radeom 6950 HD and the freezes/lockups stopped happening however after that I went to BIOS and enabled surge protection from mother board and in the next restart I got "Power Supply surges detected during the previous power on. Asus Anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply unit!

I am still hoping that the problem is from the power supply or motherboard and not my GPU, since that is the most expensive part.
What do you guys think? Also the GPU just got out of warranty 2 months ago but I could still send the Power Supply back.

Sorry for my grammar mistakes and long post!

Solution
I’d RMA the psu if the surge protection points to that. Make sure molex/says cables that aren’t in use are not touching the case. Also make sure that all standoffs are in and no screws are behind the mobo.

winks42

Respectable
I’d RMA the psu if the surge protection points to that. Make sure molex/says cables that aren’t in use are not touching the case. Also make sure that all standoffs are in and no screws are behind the mobo.

Solution
Mar 18, 2018
Thank you for your quick answer!
I will RMA the psu and check the cables and the screws and everything. What I am hoping here is that the PSU is faulty and not providing enough power to the GPU, and the 6950 gpu is working because it requires less power, can this theory be possible in your opinion winks42? What are the chances that my GPU is faulty?