Question pc freeze, no output to monitor, fans spin up

dsmncihagt

Prominent
Feb 1, 2020
hi, i have a problem with my desktop computer, sometimes out of no where i lose output to the monitor, the computer fans start spinning really fast, and the pc completely freezes, no sounds comes out anymore, and i have to shut it down with the power button, this only happens when i have a gpu installed, i tried to use the intel hd 4600 in my i5 processor, and remove the dedicated gpu (r7 250x) and i never had the problem again (used it for months like this), now when i install it again i sometimes get the same problem again. i first thought it was a temp issue, but i applied new thermal paste to the gpu and did a heavenbenchmark test, it never goes above 71°C. i also have another r7 250x and the problem happens with it aswell, im not sure if this is a gpu problem or a PSU problem
if its a gpu problem, that means both the GPUs started having the problem at the same time, which is why i dont think this is the case
but still this only happens when i install the gpus, when i remove them the pc is fine

dsmncihagt

Prominent
Feb 1, 2020
I forgot to mention, this issue sometimes happens outside of windows as well, for example when i first turn the computer on, when it's still in the American megatrends screen, or even when I'm in the bios, it would freeze. So this isn't related to windows