Question PC freeze please help

Jun 19, 2021
Now for some time my pc just freezes, but i can still scroll down webpages butr videos won't play. But my clock down right corner is totally frozen.
Only way to use pc again is hold the button till it turns off. Normal shutdowns don't work, it's just stuck on shutting down screen.
GPU fans do not spin, and -1% usage.
Not completly sure, but think my disks also disappered from from the performance tab in task manager.
It can happen 2-4 times a day and some times 1-2 times a week. So i don't really know what triggers it.

is my GPU dying, or my disks?

PC specs:
CPU: AMD R7 5800X
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
RAM: Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz
MB: ROG Strix B550-F
PSU: Corsair RM750I

Last edited:

artavasdes

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
Now for some time my pc just freezes, but i can still scroll down webpages butr videos won't play. But my clock down right corner is totally frozen.
Only way to use pc again is hold the button till it turns off. Normal shutdowns don't work, it's just stuck on shutting down screen.
GPU fans do not spin, and -1% usage.
Not completly sure, but think my disks also disappered from from the performance tab in task manager.
It can happen 2-4 times a day and some times 1-2 times a week. So i don't really know what triggers it.

is my GPU dying, or my disks?
Do you mind listing the specs of your pc? I have had weird issues with older pcs where the webpage loading time were incrediably slow out of nowhere and that only some videos played. For you, it is going to hard to pinpoint the problem, because it can be a driver issue or hardware issue (which is more likely due to your description).

Jun 19, 2021
Do you mind listing the specs of your pc? I have had weird issues with older pcs where the webpage loading time were incrediably slow out of nowhere and that only some videos played. For you, it is going to hard to pinpoint the problem, because it can be a driver issue or hardware issue (which is more likely due to your description).
Updated with specs. As said almost everything that is used by the GPU is frozen. Can't use discord, if game is open it's black screening. if in a folder (Explorer) it's frozen.
Also when it freezes my ICUE also shuts down. the program is still open, but the light in my cabinet is going on hardware lighting insted.

artavasdes

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
Updated with specs. As said almost everything that is used by the GPU is frozen. Can't use discord, if game is open it's black screening. if in a folder (Explorer) it's frozen.
Also when it freezes my ICUE also shuts down. the program is still open, but the light in my cabinet is going on hardware lighting insted.
The pc is basically brand new so I doubt it is a hardware issue. The only possible hardware that might cause the problem is the 1070. Did you recently change out any parts of the pc? For now, try using Display Driver Uninstaller to see if it is some sort of driver issue.

Jun 19, 2021
i recently changed CPU and MB from asrock z270 pro4 and I7-6700 but the issue was still there before the change.

have tryed complete uninstall of all drivers and windows. problem persists.

Jun 19, 2021
Health on all 4 Disks is "Good" with an SSD on 66%
only 1 HDD 1 SSD 2 M.2 SSD's
going for changing the C: drive to a M.2 NVMe Samsung 980 pro
Got windows on this: INTEL SSDSCKKF256G8H 256,0 GB
got it for free, and was better than what i had.

just gotta scrap some money for it first.

Jun 19, 2021
UserBenchmarks:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - 101.7%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 - 79.9%
SSD: Intel SS DSCKKF256G8H 256GB - 111.1%
SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB - 62.4%
SSD: Liteon CV1-8B256 256GB - 99.8%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (2016) - 92.9%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB - 87.8%
MBD: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING

Jun 19, 2021
New M.2 NVMe connected, but still get the freezes....

for some reason userbenchmark can't get reads on my GPU and now not on my storage devices, hence the high % count

UserBenchmarks:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - 98.5%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 - 74.3%
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB - 774.8%
SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB - 774.9%
SSD: Liteon C V1-8B256 256GB - 803.1%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (2016) - 2,926.6%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB - 88.5%
MBD: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING

Video about the PC freeze that i can still do some stuff on my PC but it won't cooperate.
PC freeze Video (YT)

i still don't know what to do about this problem. for me it seems grafical so GPU. my friend says maybe RAM. idk thought my storage device was messed up.

Jun 19, 2021
Nope still get freezes... only thing open was Twitch in firefox....
Took a Memtest86 cause my friend thinks it's my RAM. but no errors at all.
I'm getting really clueless, on this matter.

In Eventlog only thing is alot of error 10016's, sometimes 4-7 at the same second.

The application specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54) and appid 15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402 from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Running out of idéas...

This is a Windows issue to do with how your PC is communicating with your network, not easy to fix but let me ask a mate of mine who actually lays high speed glass cable and knows more about this and/or has contact to people who do. I live in Germany but the basics of Internet/Windows communication is universal. Check back tomorrow and I hope we might find a solution for you. Maybe someone else will chip in too with some ideas, really frustrating to have this happening all the time but we will find a way !!!

Jun 19, 2021
why does some of my services hold a _70590 number?
B3itMIl.png

Well then your clear of malware which is good..... but that could be a Trojan, if you find the below on your PC get rid of it with CCleaner under tools-uninstall. From my reserch it is NOT a Win10 and is a spyware. Use CCleaner and anything that is not downloaded by you or a Win 10 app put it in the bin.
StartupCheckingService.exe