pc freeze randomly in-game and even when browsing.

Muizz_

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
first of all, here are my specs.

MOBO : Crosshair V formula-Z
GPU : Sapphire Radeon R9 380
CPU : AMD FX-9590
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 16GB 8x8
Cooling System : ID Cooling Frostbite 240L
Power Supply : Corsair VS650
HDD : WD Black Edition 1TB

the freeze requires me to force restart to solve it. afterall, this problem come from time to time. im not sure what is the problem. tried to troubleshoot the problems and it detected no problems. already defrag my hdd.

Solution
Even for a gpu is 96 degrees too high. Try to clean it or see if you can point a fan on to it,maybe one in the side panel if it has place for it.
Did you try clocking the cpu down to FX 8350 levels,see if that makes a difference?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
First thing i would do is change the psu in that system. The VS series just isn't good enough for such parts. If you have the option could you test with another psu,maybe from a friend or local shop ...

Might as well be a thermal issue with that cpu you have.With a water cooler you might have problems keeping the vrm's cool.What happens when trying with the side panel of the case removed? Maybe even point a table fan at it ...

Muizz_

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017

i would go for a try on psu change i think. yeah i already pointed the table fan towards my pc with side panel removed. the temperature reading in game is below 65 degrees. but i have a friend which using the same rig as i am just different gpu. but his rig arent countering this issues.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
So he uses same psu? And what gpu?

Doesn't mean the psu is or isn't the problem, his psu might be more stable even if having the same type.I can't even be sure it's the problem right now.but it looks like something to change for a better and more stable system.
Othe things to look at are drivers and software,even bios see if you have the latest.The drivers also for the motherboard.

Muizz_

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017

same VS650 but using r9 280 3gb. i guess i have to check for my bios update and also all the drivers. just for now as a step to settle down this issue.

Muizz_

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017

yeah i guess i would go for psu. but i also noticed that sometimes my max temperature of gpu rise until 96 degrees when im in game. is it connected somehow?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Even for a gpu is 96 degrees too high. Try to clean it or see if you can point a fan on to it,maybe one in the side panel if it has place for it.
Did you try clocking the cpu down to FX 8350 levels,see if that makes a difference?

Solution