[SOLVED] PC Freeze & Unresponsive when gaming

Oct 5, 2019
Hello,

I have a occurring problem as of recent. My PC becomes unresponsive and freezes completely (restart required to use) during gaming or sometimes even when launching a game. This is most of the time happening while trying to / playing Far Cry 5 at random point of times. My system meets the requirements to run the game just fine. Some parts of the system are new, I decided to give it an upgrade. Played similar high end games with old CPU, same graphics card and lesser ram.

System:

(NEW) AMD RYZEN 2700x

Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB

(NEW) 2x8gb Kingston Hyperx Fury 2.9 mhz

B350M PRO-VDH

(NEW) Crucial SSD 232gb

(NEW) Maxtor 1TB outside-HDD

Gigabyte 750W

This is basically a new system, did a fresh install of windows on the new SSD, updated all drivers etc. Nothing seems to be out of norm. Would appreciate any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this or fix the problem.

Solution
Does "as of recent" mean it played fine before this problem?

If so, try to think of any changes since then, even plugging too many devices into one power strip/outlet, or aggressive case cleaning can cause problems. For instance AC vacuums can discharge lots of static and harm components.

As always though the obvious things to check first are making sure drivers and OS are updated, DirectX, Visual Studio, and latest Net Framework installed, etc.
Does "as of recent" mean it played fine before this problem?

If so, try to think of any changes since then, even plugging too many devices into one power strip/outlet, or aggressive case cleaning can cause problems. For instance AC vacuums can discharge lots of static and harm components.

As always though the obvious things to check first are making sure drivers and OS are updated, DirectX, Visual Studio, and latest Net Framework installed, etc.

Solution