[SOLVED] PC freeze when internet disconnect

CarlMarro

Prominent
Jul 1, 2020
Hi,
I've been experience a weird issue: for about a month now my PC just freeze and I've to force a shotdown to use it again.
I don't know if this is possible but I think that this freeze is caused by my internet connection since I've noticed that it usually happen when my pc disconnect and one time it froze in the moment I removed my usb wifi adapter.
I've tried using two different usb wi fi adapter and I've still this issue and I've also check and all my driver are up to date.
What could I do next?
Thank you all for your help

Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and Window 10 edition/version information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Ensure that at any given time only one network adapter (either wired or wireless) is enabled on the PC. Not two network adapters.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the PC freezes.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Re-seat all cables, cards, RAM, and jumpers to ensure that all are fully and firmly in place.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and Window 10 edition/version information.

Ensure that at any given time only one network adapter (either wired or wireless) is enabled on the PC. Not two network adapters.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the PC freezes.

Re-seat all cables, cards, RAM, and jumpers to ensure that all are fully and firmly in place.

Solution

CarlMarro

Prominent
Jul 1, 2020

Thank you! I'll try as soon as possible.
How are the chance for dust to be culprit? Because I've been away for a while and when I returned the first thing I noticed is a lot of dust

Ralston18

Titan
Dust build ups trap heat.

Hot electronics are not "happy" electronics.

Plus heating and cooling cause expansion and contraction which, in turn, cause connections and card seatings to loosen. Not enough, at first, to fully disconnect and create outright failure. Just enough to come and go thus creating a maddeningly intermittent problem.