Question Pc freeze when opening a game

Jan 28, 2022
I recently got a new cpu ( i went from a Ryzen 5 2500x to a Ryzen 7 3800x ) it has been working fine until now. When i open a game ( i have tried fortnite and rust so far ) all my open windows freeze and no buttons work but i can still hear friends in the discord call for a short while but they cannot hear me even though it picks up my voice, i cant end the task of the game plus the restart/shut down button in the start menu doesnt do anything, i have also tried waiting and nothing happens, my only solution is to power off the pc from the case and power back on to be greeted with the same issue. My friend told me to re install the cooler which i did earlier but nothing changed i took out my gpu and put it back in all i haven’t done is take out my cpu and put it back in. My temperatures are fine and task manager looks normal. But before updating cpu i had this Scanning and repairing drive C: on every boot and it still happens now it didnt do anything then so i wasn’t concerned but this may be the culprit. And after installing the cpu i booted into bios and my mouse cursor was stuttering and it still happens now ( this may be related idk ) and my gpu drivers are up to date. Some friends suggest a clean install of win10 but im not sure how to do that and if i can keep all my files. I have done norton full system scans but it says im fine and it all started after i moved around my room changing desk i installed Rainmeter and ms teams after ( if this means anything idk ) but i disabled them in startup and it still happened.
Specs :
Ryzen 7 3800x ( amd wraith prism cooler )
Gtx 1060 6gb
Asus prime a320k Motherboard
500 watt psu
16gb ram ddr4
Windows 11

EDIT :
I can play minecraft completely fine but valorant causes the issue too

ANOTHER EDIT :
After another restart rust managed to open but had consistent freezes ingame not sure if it will still open next restart

Last edited:
First you ssd is too full. You need at least 20% free space or they nose dive in performance.
You have less than 10%.

This is a common problem now with win11 and Ryzen.
It appears to stem from TPM usage.
One thing that has worked for some people is to go into bios and disable TPM.
Restart into bios and enable TPM. Then boot to windows.

Jan 28, 2022
First you ssd is too full. You need at least 20% free space or they nose dive in performance.
You have less than 10%.

This is a common problem now with win11 and Ryzen.
It appears to stem from TPM usage.
One thing that has worked for some people is to go into bios and disable TPM.
Restart into bios and enable TPM. Then boot to windows.
will work on the storage
What is TPM?