2 months ago I built the following pc:
  • Motherboard MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX;
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600;
  • Gygabyte GTX 1660 SUPER OC 6GB, WINDFORCE 3X
  • PSU Riotoro Enigma G2, 750W, modular, 80 Plus Gold;
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DIMM, DDR4, 3200 MHz, 1,35V CL16;
  • SSD Kingston A2000, 500GB, NVMe, M.2;
  • Case NZXT H510i
I've updated the bios, oc'ed ram to 3200 (but now I set it back to default values thinking maybe it is faulty).I'm using Windows 10 for gaming and I have the latest nvidia driver.
The problems appear while gaming and there are 3 possible ways:
  1. The game freezes for around 3 seconds, sound is working, game crashes, gets back in windows and everything works just fine.
  2. The game freezes, sound is working, monitor turns black and shows "No video input. I replug hdmi in monitor and then the game crushes.
  3. The game freezes, sound is working, I hit alt tab fast and then when I go back everything works just fine (this scenario happened very few times).
These problems happen random (maybe after 5mins, 10mins, 1h in gaming).I think I have to mention the fact that two times when I got "No video input" on monitor I had to restard the PC, but there still was no signal in my monitor. I had to clear my CMOS in order to make it work.

I've tested my ram mem using Windows10 tool and it says it's fine. I will search for someone to borrow me another GPU to test, but that could take a while.

Does anyone more skillfull than me have any ideas?

Solution
check cpu/gpu temp during game?
test with another psu?
Yes also get HWmonitor and launch it and play a game when this happens and exit out and give us a screen shot or something. Could be heat, which I doubt because it is happening upon entering the game from what I read. So it might be a PSU going bye bye and not giving enough juice to the components. Also it might be RAM so try one stick at a time and see what happens what that. Also make sure to go to BIOS and set everything to defaults or optimized defaults while your at it. Then go to power options and set to high performance then hit us back. 👶✝🤷‍♀️👩‍🦲🙏🖐💯🚔🍩

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
check cpu/gpu temp during game?
test with another psu?
Yes also get HWmonitor and launch it and play a game when this happens and exit out and give us a screen shot or something. Could be heat, which I doubt because it is happening upon entering the game from what I read. So it might be a PSU going bye bye and not giving enough juice to the components. Also it might be RAM so try one stick at a time and see what happens what that. Also make sure to go to BIOS and set everything to defaults or optimized defaults while your at it. Then go to power options and set to high performance then hit us back. 👶✝🤷‍♀️👩‍🦲🙏🖐💯🚔🍩

Reactions: joannapdmiranda
Solution