PC freeze while graphic card in use

Sep 22, 2018
Hello everyone.
I have a nvidia gtx 1050 in my laptop with i7-7700hq.
For sometime now, the graphic card has been troubling me. PC freezes completely and the needs to be powered off directly.
I updated the drivers but the problem persists.
I am not sure but may be it started happening after the windows latest update.
I tried many games, same problem. There are many types of freeze:

1. The screen freezes and the buzzing sound is there.
2. The screen freezes with the screen torn apart and some coloured boxes are seen in green colour mostly, buzzing sound.
3. The screen freezes and there are these horizontal lines which have different colour pixels and are grouped in 3 or 4, buzzing sound.
I have read a lot about this and most people say it's a power issue. The laptop is just 1 year old, Acer Nitro AN 515-51. I managed to click recent freeze to give you a clear idea.
Any suggestions will be really helpful.
dy6xyeCCn4MKkpGC8

I read similar posts so before you ask, I'll mention that
My C drive is on a 128gb ssd
page files located on C drive
Other drive is a 1tb mechanical hdd and all games located there.

Also recently, I had opened up the base of laptop to clean a large amount of dust on the cooling fans. While opening, the ssd or hdd (i don't know which one it was, got some light jerks. Is it possible the in the whole process I loosened up some connections? Because this problem has started after I did the clean, I clearly remember.

Solution

if its under warranty i advice u just send it back so the open it and fix whatever it is going on under the hood. artefacts are long time heat damage effects on gpus.
Yes if the issue started once you opened the system, the card or motherboard may have been damaged. Could be overheating, could be physical damage. You can try doing a factory reset to make sure it is not a software issue (will ofcourse need to restore your files from a backup after that and also re-install your programs).

Sep 22, 2018

I already did a factory reset but the problem remains. If the problem occurred due to cleaning process, how can it be resolved?

Sep 22, 2018

I don't know that but I've always used the laptop keeping its vents properly ventilated for the cooling. If still the gpu gets damaged, isn't it a manufacturing fault?

Sep 22, 2018

it was not "disassembled", just the case was opened to clear out the dust from fans that was causing the overheating and low battery life. nothing else was unscrewed. That's why I'm wondering why there could have been damage due to that, if any at all.

Aug 21, 2018

if its under warranty i advice u just send it back so the open it and fix whatever it is going on under the hood. artefacts are long time heat damage effects on gpus.

Solution