PC freeze while installing games...!

u2vini

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
Hello all,

Please, i need your help on something that is killing me!

I play games a lot, uncompress files, encode videos everyday without absolutly zero problems, right?.
But when i install a game, any game, from an image with Daemon Tools (from HD or DVD), at some point of the installation, the PC freeze up completely (sometimes at 10%, sometimes at 50%, 80%, etc..).

Yeap, thats the problem! I tried different games, at different times, and sometimes they install on the 2nd try, sometimes takes 4 or 5 tries.
Once the game is installed, i dont have absolutely any problems, i play games at full for hours, etc...

My specs:
q6600@3400
2gb ram 800
Maximus formula
8800gt
SataII WD250gb
TP II 480

Prime and memtest for hours with 0 problems.
Scandisk, norton disk doctor, TuneUp Utilities 2008, smart monitor enable/disable, etc..etc.. without a single problem.
Temp of CPU, Mother, NB and SB and HD are more than fine.

Any idea what could be the problem? or what should i check?
Since i OC my computer, is there any setting that controls (gives juice) to HD controler that i should review?

I did tried once to reset my bios without OC anything and i could install a game that failed 3 times before that one. But i'm not sure if it was luck or not, since after 3 times, sometimes it works! ;(

Any help would be apreciated!

Vini

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
i honestly don't know the source of your problem because i never encountered it before, but just a suggestion, maybe a re-installation of windows might fix your problems.

u2vini

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
I already did, but what i did not do was to recreate partitions, i only formated before installed.

I google it a lot before posting here and found another guy in another forum with exactly the same problem. The only problem is that the post was made 4 months ago and noone answers my follow up ;)

u2vini

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
Almost every tried was loading the iso from the HD directly, without using the DVD at all.

What i did not tried was to change the HD, i dont have another one and buying one just for fun is not worth it. Is there any program i could use to check mechanism of HD or something more exaustive than bad sectors?

u2vini

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
Could be, but i reinstalled windows and therefor DT, well... same version-pack.!
It doesnt hurt clean, check another version and reinstall!!

You know the saying.. (if there is one), sometimes the problem is in front of you and you cant see it! :)

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007

Ditto,decompress the iso and then install...:>)

M3d

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
In the past I have had problems installing games with the latest version of Daemon Tools. I have had to use a previous version of the software to make some of my older images work. I don't quite remember the version or the game though.

u2vini

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
uninstalled, clean and installed the new DT version (i didnt had the latest one) but did not work.

Answering BlackKnight7891, mounting from DVD gives the same problem. I will try to install a game from the dvd directly (original game).

M3d, that could be another try, an old version. Will try also!

If neither work, i will reinstall windows again, but this time, repartitioning again, etc..!

I read on another forum a person with the same problem but with Alcohol, that and my first windows reinstallation makes me think is not DT (that and the fact i reinstalled it a few minutes ago) :)

Lets see, will try your suggestions!

EDIT: Worth to mention that this problem started a month ago, after i played Mass Effect (not saying it was the game), just saying that i did not had this problem before, it just start recently! :)

u2vini

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
Ok, i was going to try M3d suggestion, to install an older version, but i installed the Pro instead (yeah, i got that one), so i gave it a try and yes, i worked perfectly for the 4 installations i tried.

So the DT Lite was the problem after all :) I dont know what, but i'm fine so far using the pro version.

Anyways, thank you guy for telling me to look into the most obvious first! :)

InfiniteSquirrel

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
I've encountered the same problem on my new computer rig. The solution I found was to skip Daemon tools al together and use MagicIso instead. That seemed to remedy the problem.

I still don't know why the problem occured in the first place. I as well tried to reinstall Daemon tools, use different hard drives, both for DT and ISO-files. But it seemed to be localized to DT. I tried two versions of DT as well, both encountering the same error.

Ah well, problem solved, at least on my end.

/Infinite squirrel

yehiazz

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
Hello, There everyone,

I have the same problem, you guys are talking about, but the problem happen to me with both Programs, ALCOHOL and DT.

I tried the old fashion way to unzip the iso and install directly and this WAY ACTUALLY DO WORK very cool. But the problem i have is for other game that have to read from the mounted Drive ...

Anyone have idea what to do ?? or which application should i use rather then using Alcohol or DT ??

Thx

yehiazz

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
Hello, There everyone,

I have the same problem, you guys are talking about, but the problem happen to me with both Programs, ALCOHOL and DT.

I tried the old fashion way to unzip the iso and install directly and this WAY ACTUALLY DO WORK very cool. But the problem i have is for other game that have to read from the mounted Drive ...

Anyone have idea what to do ?? or which application should i use rather then using Alcohol or DT ??

Thx

kristofferwe

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
I have the same problem as well. Tried using both DT and Alcohol with multiple reinstalls each.
The computer is brand new and the XP SP3 is a fresh install. The computer freezes about 0-X minutes after
mounting and installing a image.

Any suggestions?

DVD±RW Samsung 22X DL Svart, Bulk, EJ programvar
Antec P180 (Silver)Ej PSU/0761345-09180-0
PSU Corsair TX 750w
Corsair 8gb (KIT) DDR2800MHz/CL5/XMS2-6400 (4*2gb)
Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4LK, GBLAN, DDR2, AM2+
HD1TB Seagate SATA-3007200.11 32MB ST31000333AS
CPU AMD Phenom 9950 QuadBE 2.6Ghz, 4MB,125W, AM2
Radeon HD 4850 X2 - 1 Gb GDDR3 - PCI-Express 2.0
XP 32 SP3 (Fresh install)

Would readly need some help :)

Thank you!

yehiazz

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
Btw, guys,

I did used the MAGIC ISO application for mounting the Images and the PC finally stopped Freezing.

I guess the problem was due to the Alcohol and the Deamon tool

Finally Magic ISO solve it all

G

Hi all, I have the same problem here. The sad thing is that i've just changed my PC from an AMD 64x2 to an intel Quad 8200, and with same windows version, same version of DT lite and same iso files, now all installations fails where in my old computers run perfectly. I see that all people talking of the problem have a "more than two" core CPUs (6600, Phenom and 8200) ¿could it be related?

I'll try with MagicIso and tell you, but it's really weird...

tenspeedtodd

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Hey guys,

I too had this same problem with my new rig but I found a solution for me.
I tried daemon tools lite 4.303 and it was happening, then i tried daemon tools lite 4.304 and same thing.
Then I tried an older version of daemon, not a lite version so I tried version 3.47 and that solved my problem.

So the bottom line, use daemon tools, not daemon lite!

Hope this helped.

htintin

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
if you have a gigabyte motherboard, kill "gsvr.exe" process in the task manager and try installing, if it's works, then remove all gsvr.exe reference in the registry or uninstall energy saver advance from control pannel

keyword : Daemon tools - iso - install - freeze - hangs - gigabyte - gsvr.exe

junkkhead

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
I have the same problem. When I'm installing games mounted with daemon tools. The pc freezes up and I have to reset it.

G

same problem tho mine started with Virtual clonedrive, even tho iv been using it for ages, i had to reinstall win 7 and well...it hasnt worked since! i uninstalled that and installed daemon to only get the same problem...it spazzez out my pc making everything open "not responding"....do i really have to reinstall win 7 for the 5th f'ing time? :'(

G

Hello,

I don't have Daemon Tools or Alcohol Installed and I have the same problem but all my dvd's work just not the cd's. Any suggestions?