[SOLVED] PC freezes after 1 minute ?

Mikalfurnes

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
Hi,

My PC boots up nice and fast, but freezes after about a minute. It doesn't instantly freeze, but the program open starts to not respond, then the whole machine. Any ideas? I have tried to go back to an earlier version of windows, but that didn't work. I have also tried to wipe the disk and so a clean install, but I'm not able to. When deleting the partitions, i get errors. When refreshing the list, drive 1 completely disappears. When checking command prompt and typing in diskpart and list disk, it does not show up. Any help is useful

Solution
WIN 10 = Worst optimized system ever in the world. Problems doesn't stop with it, over and over. Worst decision was to move over from Win 7.

Just to keep your negative opinion in perspective --- I have had no issues whatsoever with Windows 10. More often than not, an underlying problem is to blame, faulty hardware you're unaware of, some glitchy or incompatible software etc.
It may be the power supply.
The Sharkoon WPM Gold is listed as tier C.....which is.....Tier C • Recommended for cheap mid/low-end systems .
Here
In other words it isn't a very good power supply.
I would consider swapping another one in.....or checking the voltages on what you have with a multimeter while the machine is running (this can be tricky if you don't know what you are doing...so don't attempt it unless you do).

Mikalfurnes

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
It may be the power supply.
The Sharkoon WPM Gold is listed as tier C.....which is.....Tier C • Recommended for cheap mid/low-end systems .
Here
In other words it isn't a very good power supply.
I would consider swapping another one in.....or checking the voltages on what you have with a multimeter while the machine is running (this can be tricky if you don't know what you are doing...so don't attempt it unless you do).
Im no expert here but I wouldnt believe it is the power supply. I would believe it has something to do with my drive, considering the fact that I am not able to wipe it, as it is offline when I try.

Im no expert here but I wouldnt believe it is the power supply. I would believe it has something to do with my drive, considering the fact that I am not able to wipe it, as it is offline when I try.
Yes it's also possible it's the drive.....but I'm leaning on PSU.
....and if it were me I would replace the PSU anyway because I wouldn't want to trust the rest of my system to a tier C PSU.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

Mikalfurnes

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
Yes it's also possible it's the drive.....but I'm leaning on PSU.
....and if it were me I would replace the PSU anyway because I wouldn't want to trust the rest of my system to a tier C PSU.
i probably will buy a new psu, but can you help me reinstall windows? i feel like getting a fresh install.

boki407

Reputable
May 13, 2018
i probably will buy a new psu, but can you help me reinstall windows? i feel like getting a fresh install.
Don't waste your money. I bought brand new expensive psu and have the same issue really often. I'll tell you what's the problem. WIN 10 = Worst optimized system ever in the world. Problems doesn't stop with it, over and over. Worst decision was to move over from Win 7.

WIN 10 = Worst optimized system ever in the world. Problems doesn't stop with it, over and over. Worst decision was to move over from Win 7.

Just to keep your negative opinion in perspective --- I have had no issues whatsoever with Windows 10. More often than not, an underlying problem is to blame, faulty hardware you're unaware of, some glitchy or incompatible software etc.

Solution

boki407

Reputable
May 13, 2018
Well guess the autor and me are the unlucky with the Win 10 version because there is no way that the system just FREEZE after turning it on and after restart everything works perfectly fine. 0 freezes after