PC freezes after 10sec when powered on, only on 2 ram sticks

powerpurple

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
I have 2 Transcend 1600mhz 4gb DDR3 ram one of them wasn't working properly. Like it doesn't boot, and if I use both of them it only detects one. I did all my troubleshooting and I was confirmed that it's the ram. I got the new ram same everything and this time it's booting properly but completely freezes after 10 secs of power on. If I get into the BIOS it completely freezes after few seconds.

I tried the single module (both of them) it runs fine boots up quickly to windows. But as I install both of them it starts doing the same problem. I also tried different channels.

I tried detaching all my PCI E cards and hard drive to check if it works but completely freezes.

My specs:
AMD FX4300
Transcend 2x4gb 1600 mhz
Crosair VS450
GTX 750 TI
GIGABYTE - 78LMT USB3 MOTHERBOARD

I'm completely out of clues now anything will be helpful. Please if this not the right category move it instead of deleting, thanks.

Solution
Most likely both sticks of ram were defective. Keep the new one you bought and buy another one. Something may have happened to your old ram sticks to cause them to malfunction. Did you smack it or jab it? Anyways, Just buy a new stick and keep the other new on. The 2 old ones may be damaged.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Most likely both sticks of ram were defective. Keep the new one you bought and buy another one. Something may have happened to your old ram sticks to cause them to malfunction. Did you smack it or jab it? Anyways, Just buy a new stick and keep the other new on. The 2 old ones may be damaged.

Solution