Question PC freezes after closing out of games ?

May 21, 2021
Hopefully this is the correct category to post this under. I have been having a freezing issue with my PC for the past few months. I built my PC myself early this year.
When running games like COD, Resident Evil, etc. (graphics heavy games?) my pc will freeze within 2 minutes of me closing out of the game. I have to power down the PC manually at that point. I have not noticed this issue as frequently with smaller games (CSGO, Fall Guys, etc.) but it has frozen a few times after closing out of them.

I am not tech savvy, and am completely lost on where to start with troubleshooting this issue. I would appreciate any help/ideas.

My system specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Motherboard: ASUS Prime X570-PRO
RAM: Corsair CMW16GX4M2C3000C15W
Storage: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB
Power: Corsair RM850X

If anything else is needed, let me know.
Can post pics of PC if needed, but I am not sure that this is a hardware issue? All temps seem to be running fine.

May 21, 2021
Do a scan now scan and see if windows finds some corrupted files. If it does not reinstalling windows may help.
Ran a few scans, no corrupted files showed up.

I ended up completely wiping the PC and reinstalling windows. The problem is still persisting, freezing if I am installing a game or even if I have a few browser tabs open for a while.

go in to bios page and under exit reset the settings to original/best settings and restart. See if this helps at all. Also under computer management look under events and see if it tells you anything about propblems with equipment, drivers, power etc.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS