Question PC freezes after closing out of games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2021
Hopefully this is the correct category to post this under. I have been having a freezing issue with my PC for the past few months. I built my PC myself early this year.
When running games like COD, Resident Evil, etc. (graphics heavy games?) my pc will freeze within 2 minutes of me closing out of the game. I have to power down the PC manually at that point. I have not noticed this issue as frequently with smaller games (CSGO, Fall Guys, etc.) but it has frozen a few times after closing out of them.

I am not tech savvy, and am completely lost on where to start with troubleshooting this issue. I would appreciate any help/ideas.

My system specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Motherboard: ASUS Prime X570-PRO
RAM: Corsair CMW16GX4M2C3000C15W
Storage: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB
Power: Corsair RM850X

If anything else is needed, let me know.
Can post pics of PC if needed, but I am not sure that this is a hardware issue? All temps seem to be running fine.

May 21, 2021
Do a scan now scan and see if windows finds some corrupted files. If it does not reinstalling windows may help.
Ran a few scans, no corrupted files showed up.

I ended up completely wiping the PC and reinstalling windows. The problem is still persisting, freezing if I am installing a game or even if I have a few browser tabs open for a while.

I have tried so many solutions and I just wanted to add that for me, the culprit was Razer's Cortex. It worked fine on my old PC with intel i7 but I switched to AMD Ryzen and I think this is a known problem.
Yes I have recently discovered Razer cortex was messing up my computer, but I have an Intel 10850k cpu. So I guess Windows doesn't mix well with it.

Reactions: VickiFabulous
Aug 4, 2022
I have tried so many solutions and I just wanted to add that for me, the culprit was Razer's Cortex. It worked fine on my old PC with intel i7 but I switched to AMD Ryzen and I think this is a known problem.
Worked for me! Thank u so much. I can't believe it was messing up my whole pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.