Question PC Freezes almost every 40 minutes HELP!

Feb 15, 2020
So, I built this PC back in November 2019, and I haven't had much trouble from it, it performs very nicely and as expected, but it keeps freezing up completely at almost random times. It doesn't matter if I'm gaming or just chilling in discord. I've checked the reliability report but that doesn't give me any codes or solutions. I have to hold the power button down to get the PC to restart and it's getting very annoying and tedious. Here's the specs;

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Intel 660p Series 2.048 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Razer ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Case Fan: Cooler Master MF120R ARGB 3in1 59 CFM 120 mm Fans

If there's any compatibility issues, let me know, but everything checked out on PC Part Picker and it hasnt had any serious issues... I really just want to get this problem fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Feb 20, 2020
Same problem for me. Can't find any soloution to this. Really annoying.

Something i see often while addressing this problem, is that people with this problem all have ASUS Motherboards. Me included..

Feb 15, 2020
Same problem for me. Can't find any soloution to this. Really annoying.

Something i see often while addressing this problem, is that people with this problem all have ASUS Motherboards. Me included..

I actually figured out why my problem was, I THINK. So some how my graphics card’s fan was not turning on my itself so it would overheat and the computer would freeze. So I opened MSI Afterburner and set up some fan settings and I haven’t crashed since.

Feb 20, 2020
I actually figured out why my problem was, I THINK. So some how my graphics card’s fan was not turning on my itself so it would overheat and the computer would freeze. So I opened MSI Afterburner and set up some fan settings and I haven’t crashed since.
Hmm.. Something to think about. My GPU and CPU are NXZT water cooled.. Mabye i should adjust the fan speed on the radiators since im doing OC to 5 GHz from 3.6 GHz (i7-9700k).

Ty for reply

Feb 15, 2020
Hmm.. Something to think about. My GPU and CPU are NXZT water cooled.. Mabye i should adjust the fan speed on the radiators since im doing OC to 5 GHz from 3.6 GHz (i7-9700k).

Ty for reply
No problem, did you say you’re OC to 5GHZ? I thought the i7 9700k maxes out at 4.9ghz? My CPU is also water cooled but the GPU is not, sadly.