Question PC Freezes and audio cuts out ONLY in game, random timing. Sometimes I am forced to restart.

Jun 3, 2022
I've been having these issues for a couple of days now, I have not found help yet. I usually play Valorant. Recently, my game has been freezing up randomly (only for a second or two) and the audio cuts out. It happens in intervals, a couple of freezes then it's fine. However, after playing for a while, it exponentially gets worse, the freezing becomes longer and sometimes crashes my games. Sometimes it does not unfreeze, and I'm forced to restart. However, after longer crashes/freezes, my gameplay visual comes back but the audio is completely gone for a good 3 minutes or less. I have tried checking and updating my audio drivers, however everything is up to date according to Device Manager. I've also tried checking for corrupt files, I've cleaned out my temp files, I have restarted multiple times including with hard resets. I have also tried adjusting sound settings multiple times. Please help if you know how. I also recently switched from 8 gb RAM to 2 x 8 gb RAM. That was about two weeks ago, the problems started happening three days ago.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G Quad-core processor
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4
SSD:512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 (I also have a 500 GB Sony SSD and have for a while)
PSU:500W 80 PLUS (GOLD)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

500W is the advertised wattage of the unit while 80+ is it's advertised efficiency rating, what is the make and model of your PSU? How old is the PSU in your build? Since you're on Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you working with?

Jun 3, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

500W is the advertised wattage of the unit while 80+ is it's advertised efficiency rating, what is the make and model of your PSU? How old is the PSU in your build? Since you're on Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you working with?
My OS version is Windows 10 10.0.19044 Build 19044
I'm not sure what my PSU is because even when looking inside the case it is covered by another metal case. There is no description other than what I pasted in the specs description.
I'm sorry for the late reply, was at work.