PC Freezes and BSOD

LavJordan

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
Problem: PC freezes within the first few minutes of gaming, usually after 'waking' from sleep mode. A hard reset will fix the problem majority of the time. BSOD has happened in the past, but the freezing has been much more common.

Symptoms: Game freezes and stutters, audio loops, stutters and glitched out to inaudible noise. Sometimes, audio will continue to work while frozen, and often I am still able to communicate with people in discord while frozen. Sometimes the program can be force closed, but problem will persist as soon as I boot the game up again. Reset seems to be the only fix. BSOD has not happened recently, but occasionally instead of freezing and locking up, I had received a BSOD. I believe the error code has pretty consistently been Stop code: VIDEO MEMORY MANAGEMENT INTERNAL.

What I've tried:
Clean install in safe mode of new GPU Drivers.
Disable all audio outputs besides the one in use.
Booting game with no other programs running.

Specs:
CPU: i5-4670k
GPU: Asus GTX770
MOBO: AsRock Extreme 4
PSU: RD700
OS Drive: Samsung Evo 256 ssd
3 Supplement HDD's
Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 8gb

Whats the best way to narrow down the causes of this issue. Right now, my primary concern is a bad GPU or PSU, but lack a method to test. Thanks!

LavJordan

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014

I have not, but I would rather find a solution to a problem rather than a work around if possible.