[SOLVED] PC freezes and Crashed

Reiv_4

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Hi guys, recently i have some issue with my pc where it would sometimes freeze during games, such valorant, gta and apex etc, some of the settings aren't even on the highest settings but freezes still happen and for the first time yesterday my pc crashed and froze where valorant was still shown on my monitor and my pc leds etc were still on but my mouse and keyboard switched off, i couldnt turn off the pc by holding the power button down so i had to switch it from the back of the power supply, i dont quite know why im getting these freezes and stuff but my my specs are:

Ryzen 3600
TridentZ 16GB 3600mhz RAM
2 Crucial SSD 1TB 250GB
1 HDD 2TB
ASUS ROG STRIX B450 FGAMING MOBO
MSI SUPRIM RTX 3070
SEAGATE 750PSU GOLD+

I have overclocked my gpu before but after getting small freezes before i decided to go back to the stock settings of my gpu but obviously the issue i stated above happened and i just dont know why, any help would be appreciated

Solution
Yes it is
Try these:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU again (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 20 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline...
Hi guys, recently i have some issue with my pc where it would sometimes freeze during games, such valorant, gta and apex etc, some of the settings aren't even on the highest settings but freezes still happen and for the first time yesterday my pc crashed and froze where valorant was still shown on my monitor and my pc leds etc were still on but my mouse and keyboard switched off, i couldnt turn off the pc by holding the power button down so i had to switch it from the back of the power supply, i dont quite know why im getting these freezes and stuff but my my specs are:

Ryzen 3600
TridentZ 16GB 3600mhz RAM
2 Crucial SSD 1TB 250GB
1 HDD 2TB
ASUS B450 FGAMING MOBO
MSI SUPRIM RTX 3070
SEAGATE 750PSU GOLD+

I have overclocked my gpu before but after getting small freezes before i decided to go back to the stock settings of my gpu but obviously the issue i stated above happened and i just dont know why, any help would be appreciated
is the motherboard ROG Strix B450 F?

Yes it is
Try these:
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 20 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and manual tune the timing if you want), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any. Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png

Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:

unknown.png

Reactions: Reiv_4
Solution

Reiv_4

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Try these:
    unknown.png

*do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and manual tune the timing if you want), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any. Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:

unknown.png
I'll give this a try at some point but as of now i cant do some of these due to Uni but i will give it a go when i can / have time to