[SOLVED] PC freezes and crashes while rendering Ryzen 5600G - Known issue?

HighDiving

Honorable
Nov 12, 2015
Hey everyone

Recently build a new PC mainly focused on multitasking and video editing. I went with the Ryzen 5600G because GPU are insanely priced right now and as far as I was able to gather, it should still work fine using Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.

The PC ran absolutely fine untile I started trying to render some projects on these softwares. The rendering starts fine everytime, then after a few minutes a fast green flash and it reboots.

This only happens while rendering (in Premiere, After Effects, Media Encoder and Sony Vegas). Same green screen in all cases, no error message.

PC BUILD: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/The__Boss/saved/#view=NQc28d

EVENT MONITOR It reports: Kernel Power Error 41 (63) Error code: 0x8000400000000002

I tried looking everywhere for similar cases but nothing so far. I am assuming it might be and hardware issue, maybe with the AGPU, but I have no clue on how to proceed.

Everything is under warranty as it still is less than two months old.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Solution
Maybe that 600w power supply? IIRC, I had all sorts of issues with FX8350 and a GTX 970 and what I think was a 600w supply.

From what I can recall w/o digging through old posts, that power supply only had like a 25 amp 12v+ CONTINUOUS rating or something equally low. It had a slightly higher "PEAK" amperage which means nothing really.

Basically what would happen is normal gaming or desktop stuff like streaming sites, with a 550ti, it was "OK." Upgrading to a gtx 970 however, the numbers were erratic in benchmark tests and would fluctuate. I don't remember if it'd crash or not.

I eventually upgraded to an EVGA SuperNova 1000G2 Gold (1000w with 83 amp peak but probably closer to 50 amp cont.) and it fixed the erratic bench numbers...
Hey everyone

Recently build a new PC mainly focused on multitasking and video editing. I went with the Ryzen 5600G because GPU are insanely priced right now and as far as I was able to gather, it should still work fine using Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.

The PC ran absolutely fine untile I started trying to render some projects on these softwares. The rendering starts fine everytime, then after a few minutes a fast green flash and it reboots.

This only happens while rendering (in Premiere, After Effects, Media Encoder and Sony Vegas). Same green screen in all cases, no error message.

PC BUILD: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/The__Boss/saved/#view=NQc28d

EVENT MONITOR It reports: Kernel Power Error 41 (63) Error code: 0x8000400000000002

I tried looking everywhere for similar cases but nothing so far. I am assuming it might be and hardware issue, maybe with the AGPU, but I have no clue on how to proceed.

Everything is under warranty as it still is less than two months old.

Thanks in advance for any help.
How hot is the cpu getting?

Do you have the proper bios and drivers for the mobo?

HighDiving

Honorable
Nov 12, 2015
How hot is the cpu getting?

Do you have the proper bios and drivers for the mobo?

CPU averages 58C under load.

The MOBO as the september 2021 updated Bios (two more versions came out after that, but with minor changes).
As for the MOBO drivers it should be fine, but I will check again.

Should I update bios and drivers before checking anything else?
I'm thinking of a failing defective PSU honestly.

CPU averages 58C under load.

The MOBO as the september 2021 updated Bios (two more versions came out after that, but with minor changes).
As for the MOBO drivers it should be fine, but I will check again.

Should I update bios and drivers before checking anything else?
I'm thinking of a failing defective PSU honestly.
It's just making the suspect list smaller.
Bringing the mobo up to proper levels is free.

BobCharlie

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Maybe that 600w power supply? IIRC, I had all sorts of issues with FX8350 and a GTX 970 and what I think was a 600w supply.

From what I can recall w/o digging through old posts, that power supply only had like a 25 amp 12v+ CONTINUOUS rating or something equally low. It had a slightly higher "PEAK" amperage which means nothing really.

Basically what would happen is normal gaming or desktop stuff like streaming sites, with a 550ti, it was "OK." Upgrading to a gtx 970 however, the numbers were erratic in benchmark tests and would fluctuate. I don't remember if it'd crash or not.

I eventually upgraded to an EVGA SuperNova 1000G2 Gold (1000w with 83 amp peak but probably closer to 50 amp cont.) and it fixed the erratic bench numbers. Eventually updated to a 1080ti and it handled that as well.

Think of it like a car's alternator. If your stock alt puts out 130 amp, that's meant to handle everything the car came with (lights, brake lights, radio, heater, highbeams, etc.), all turned on at once basically, for short term uses, but a percentage of that 24/7. If you go and stick a 1k watt amp and a couple subwoofers on it, it'll be OK at low levels, but as soon as you push it, it'll dim the lights and voltage will drop as the alt can't keep up. So you have to upgrade the alt and go bigger than it really needs, to have some dynamic headroom.

Doesn't help that these power supply companies almost always refuse to publish the continuous amperage ratings, and instead only list the "PEAK" number. Ironically, many car amplifier companies did/do the same thing. They'll plaster something like "5000w" and words like "MAX" on the actual amplifier that might have (two) 25 amp fuses, but under testing , the amplifier only does 200w per channel or 400w rms total at lowest load, (which isn't bad per say, but no where near the 5000w claim).

Running a modern, multi-core cpu + modern gpu, you can't skimp on the power supply.

Last edited:
Solution