[SOLVED] PC freezes and Restarts...

My 3 year old PC is now Freezing and Restarting Randomly... I have stress tested my PC(30 min CPU+GPU+RAM).. but it doesn't restarts... It just restarts randomly..
It is my second PC.. which is almost 4 year old.... But I never faced issue like this before..

Here are my system specs..

Intel Core i3 6098P (Coolermaster Hyper 212 turbo)
Gigabyte GA-H110M DS2 (Bios Version F-20)
Kingston Value 2x4GB DDR4 2133Mhz
Zotac GeForce GTX 1050Ti OC
Corsair VS 450 (PSU is just fine and I have tested with Coolermaster MWE 750 Gold V2)

I mostly use this PC to Watch Movies, listening Music and by brother sometimes use to play games..
I have already another PC with i7 7700K + 16GB + RTX 2070 super.. and I also tested that i3 based PC on CM MWE 750v2 gold.. that is my primary PC's PSU.. and I still faced restart issues..

It is just a random issue...

Solution
Let
Let's Directly Install new Windows... By cleaning my SSD.. and I am going to upgrade it's CPU to i5 10400F in 2-3 weeks.. (ofcourse I will change my Mobo too)..
So do I need to reinstall Windows again if I install it now.. I mean I did this many time.. by swapping boot drives.. windows just take 10-20 more minutes in booting...
Well if you are going to change the motherboard as well Windows activation will be lost so if I were you, yes I would wait till I get all the new parts and reinstall everything fresh.
Do you get any bsod error messages? Try going in to computer management, system tools, event viewer and see if you can find any messages pertaining to the restarts. You can do virus checks, run ram check, or try updating any outdated drivers for your pc, I.E. , Gpu , devices etc. You can also try using one stick of ram at a time and see if it still restarts whn both are rotated in use separately.

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
My 3 year old PC is now Freezing and Restarting Randomly... I have stress tested my PC(30 min CPU+GPU+RAM).. but it doesn't restarts... It just restarts randomly..
It is my second PC.. which is almost 4 year old.... But I never faced issue like this before..

Here are my system specs..

Intel Core i3 6098P (Coolermaster Hyper 212 turbo)
Gigabyte GA-H110M DS2 (Bios Version F-20)
Kingston Value 2x4GB DDR4 2133Mhz
Zotac GeForce GTX 1050Ti OC
Corsair VS 450 (PSU is just fine and I have tested with Coolermaster MWE 750 Gold V2)

I mostly use this PC to Watch Movies, listening Music and by brother sometimes use to play games..
I have already another PC with i7 7700K + 16GB + RTX 2070 super.. and I also tested that i3 based PC on CM MWE 750v2 gold.. that is my primary PC's PSU.. and I still faced restart issues..

It is just a random issue...
Is it possible for you to run a Linux Live image, for a few hours, like Ubuntu live, and for a few hours see if the problem also occurs in Ubuntu?

Nev
Do you get any bsod error messages? Try going in to computer management, system tools, event viewer and see if you can find any messages pertaining to the restarts. You can do virus checks, run ram check, or try updating any outdated drivers for your pc, I.E. , Gpu , devices etc. You can also try using one stick of ram at a time and see if it still restarts whn both are rotated in use separately.
Never got any Blue screen till this day on that system.. but yes once I faced memory BSOD.. but after cleaning dust.. I didn't faced that issue either(almost a year ago)

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
Yes I can... Should I give it a try?
Absolutely, It seems like it must not be a hardware problem considering that you have swapped the PSU and the CPU and noticed that the restarts still occurred. So it is possible that this is a software, or driver issue, which can be solved by reinstalling Windows most of the time.
So yes, please try running Ubuntu live for a few hours, browser the web, do some work, and see if there are any problems, or freezes, or black screens (BSOD in windows become black screens or kernel panics in the Linux world)

Let
Absolutely, It seems like it must not be a hardware problem considering that you have swapped the PSU and the CPU and noticed that the restarts still occurred. So it is possible that this is a software, or driver issue, which can be solved by reinstalling Windows most of the time.
So yes, please try running Ubuntu live for a few hours, browser the web, do some work, and see if there are any problems, or freezes, or black screens (BSOD in windows become black screens or kernel panics in the Linux world)
Let's Directly Install new Windows... By cleaning my SSD.. and I am going to upgrade it's CPU to i5 10400F in 2-3 weeks.. (ofcourse I will change my Mobo too)..
So do I need to reinstall Windows again if I install it now.. I mean I did this many time.. by swapping boot drives.. windows just take 10-20 more minutes in booting...

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
Let
Well if you are going to change the motherboard as well Windows activation will be lost so if I were you, yes I would wait till I get all the new parts and reinstall everything fresh.

Solution